TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

Anyone has this full version of this STUPID article

Discussion in 'Model S' started by nolngrgrsngslde, Nov 22, 2013.

1. nolngrgrsngslde

Aug 14, 2012

Before you say it, if its stupid, why do i want to read it.
    Actually, i just want to see if anyone has read it and what you think. I read the first page and i don't want to register to read the second one which is sure to be more STUPID than the first.

He tries to drown the reader with technical information while at the same time presenting scary ideas. This guy wants badly to produce a horror novel and he is practicing here.

He wants to claim that the 18650 batteries are unsafe because of a manufacturing defects. He forgets that every laptop is the world has them. He also neglects the fact that the fires all started because of accidents.

He neglects the fact that Tesla made these batteries much safer. He neglects the fact that there are firewalls between the modules. He presume to know exactly how the fire in Mexico occurred.
  2. hockeythug

hockeythug Active Member

Jun 3, 2013
    #2 hockeythug, Nov 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2013
    [Article removed by moderator.]

Moderator note: Reminder to forum members ... Fair Use policy allows quotes, but not full reprints of the work of others, without permission.
  3. CarlK

CarlK Member

Mar 23, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Why do you want to read it and want others to if you know it's stupid?

Anyone can write anything on seeking alpha most of them we should just ignore.
  4. evme

evme Member

Jul 5, 2013
    Someone actually wants to read Peterson's articles? lol, well I guess he can use every penny he can get.

The trick to reading SA articles without registering is disabling javascript. It will load the entire article.

In chrome you can do it by going to Tools->hitting the gear button on the bottom right->General->Disable Javascript

In firefox it is ctrl+shift+I->hitting the gear button on top left->Disable Javascript under advanced settings

You can probably do this in any browser though those are the ones I am familiar on how to do it.

Don't forget to enable javascript when you are done.
  5. rpavlicek

rpavlicek ***** Neophyte

Feb 7, 2013
    Santa Clara, CA
    Nice tip, thank you!

For chrome its a bit different than you described, but I figured it out. For clarity:
    Settings->Show Advanced->Privacy->Content settings
    Under JavaScript, click on "Manage Exceptions". Add [*.] to your block list.
    (This way you only set it for one particular site)