Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone Have 2 Model S's?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As you can see from my profile picture we have two white ones, a 75 and a 100D.

We didn't want to stand out too much in our small beach town, and it's working, as most people are amazed when they see our garage holds two, not one. Just be sure to get the 24" cable on the Wall Charger.

My wife actually wasn't interested at all when I bought the 75. Didn't want to drive it; was intimidated by all the tech. Three months later she loses the keys to her Suburban, so she has to take my car.

She gets home with a huge grin on her face - and says she loves it. I say I'm glad she likes it... and she says no, she LOVES IT!

So I offer to drive the Suburban for a couple of days... and five days later, I still don't have my car back. So, I hatch my master plan to get a faster Tesla... and it works! Now I LOVE our 100D! :D

Reactions: EinSV
We have 2 as well, initially had a P85D for about 2 years then the wife saved up during that period to get an X. We went in 4 months ago to get her an X and ended up walking out with inventory P100D S for me and 100D X for her lol. Never would look back, we've both loved them since the get go. Charging hasn't been a problem we share a 50A circuit, got an RV splitter cable and set both cars to charge at 18-19A, no problems thus far and loving every minute of them.

What a great thread!

Not to derail the thread, but were the rear facing seats worth it? We have three kids under 6 and three nephews that we cart around so I'm hoping RFS, even at $4000, will be used enough to merit the expense.
We got RFS as well since we have 4 and 6 yo boys. We've only used it a couple of times in 4 months. The first time, my 4yo fell asleep and my wife could not stand the thought of his head lolling around. The second time, he dropped the toy he was holding into the foot well and couldn't reach it without unbuckling, so he kept whining about it until I was able to pull over. Now my wife insists on taking the Honda Odyssey if the kids can't be on the back seat. She was the one who wanted the RFS... Oh well, maybe next year.

Both our cars are model s's, and we haven't come across any inconveniences. In fact, during hurricane Irma when the state was out of gas, the supercharger network was still up and relatively uncrowded. Had we chosen to do so, we could have evacuated when others were stranded here. Even after the storm, the superchargers north of use were up. In the South where the storm came ashore and the power was out so were the superchargers, but there wasn't any gas there, either.

Last edited:
Reactions: davidc18
What a great thread!

Not to derail the thread, but were the rear facing seats worth it? We have three kids under 6 and three nephews that we cart around so I'm hoping RFS, even at $4000, will be used enough to merit the expense.
I hate the RFS, and I've been vocal about it.

There is no air flow back there, and when they bumped the price from $2,500 (what I paid) to $4k, I was hoping they added air flow. Not that I've heard.

That means if it's hot out, even with heat reducing tint and the Tesla sunshade, you can't put your kids in the trunk. Secondly, they sit so close together, my kids tend to fight (maybe not with your kids). Whereas when they're in the regular car seats, they have a space between them to put toys/whatever they want.

Also, my daughter gets car sick back there. Might be lack of air flow or more likely the fact that she's facing the opposite direction of travel.

After 2.5 years we barely use them, the novelty wore off quickly. If I could go back, I'd probably just save the $2,500.

Also, while the rear bumper is reinforced to where a regular car hitting you will not impact the rear footwell of the RFS, a high speed impact with an SUV will have the SUV bumper ride over the reinforced bumper into the RFS area. Sure, it's a low risk, and there's risks in every seat position, but something to think about.

• Informative
Reactions: DIL
I hate the RFS, and I've been vocal about it.

There is no air flow back there, and when they bumped the price from $2,500 (what I paid) to $4k, I was hoping they added air flow. Not that I've heard.

That means if it's hot out, even with heat reducing tint and the Tesla sunshade, you can't put your kids in the trunk. Secondly, they sit so close together, my kids tend to fight (maybe not with your kids). Whereas when they're in the regular car seats, they have a space between them to put toys/whatever they want.

Also, my daughter gets car sick back there. Might be lack of air flow or more likely the fact that she's facing the opposite direction of travel.

After 2.5 years we barely use them, the novelty wore off quickly. If I could go back, I'd probably just save the $2,500.

Also, while the rear bumper is reinforced to where a regular car hitting you will not impact the rear footwell of the RFS, a high speed impact with an SUV will have the SUV bumper ride over the reinforced bumper into the RFS area. Sure, it's a low risk, and there's risks in every seat position, but something to think about.
You just saved me $4000

You just saved me $4000
Hah, I just gave you my perspective. My kids LOVED them during the test drive. So if you're not going to get them, don't even let them see them.

My daughter (almost 7) has hated them after the novelty wore off (within maybe a month of ownership). My son sort of likes them (almost 5), but he refuses to sit there without her, so in the last 1.5 years or so I've used them maybe twice when we had to transport more than 5 people.

• Helpful
2012 P85 with 103k miles on it and a 2015 P90DL with 41k miles on it. Probably going to get her a P85D with AP1, since AP2 is complete crap.

Got a couple Model 3's on the way as well. The daughter thinks she's getting one. Haha

• Funny
For those of you that bought a second Tesla, what features did you add or remove after you gained experience with the first vehicle?

I added a sunroof (my wife did not want one on her car). This was a great addition and is the best sunroof I have ever had.

I added Premium Sound (my wife did not want that on her car because she is either talking on the phone or listening to news radio). I would strongly recommend NOT getting Premium Sound because it is a total waste of money. As part of the Premium Upgrade Package, it is now a waste of twice as much money, particularly since the power lift gate and ambient interior lighting is standard.

• Informative
Dual drive on 2nd S--even though we never go to the snow, I really like the planted feel and handling.
Pano roof on her 'triple-black' S--not because she opens the sunroof (can you say 'never') but to add airiness and space in an all black car.
Today I would do the glass roof.
Audio--no upgrade (not necessary for us).
Premium interior and whatever tech is offered--in her car AP1 (I would get AP2/EAP).
I still drive my 'stone age' version--await a dual drive Model 3 LR.

• Informative
For those of you that bought a second Tesla, what features did you add or remove after you gained experience with the first vehicle?
We also went with 2 model S’s now. My wife has the new 75D and Our second one in mine. I went with a 2014 S85 cpo. It was a great deal at 52k! It has AP1. I would say must haves for options would be AP, and dual drive. I wish I had the dual drive on my cpo every time I drive my wife’s car, but couldn’t beat the price. Also having the higher amp charger has been nice on several occasions when we need quicker charging at home. 2 HPWC’s tied togiether is a great garage charging way to go. Congrats on going all electric, you will never looo back!!

• Informative
As you can see from my profile picture we have two white ones, a 75 and a 100D.

We didn't want to stand out too much in our small beach town, and it's working, as most people are amazed when they see our garage holds two, not one. Just be sure to get the 24" cable on the Wall Charger.

My wife actually wasn't interested at all when I bought the 75. Didn't want to drive it; was intimidated by all the tech. Three months later she loses the keys to her Suburban, so she has to take my car.

She gets home with a huge grin on her face - and says she loves it. I say I'm glad she likes it... and she says no, she LOVES IT!

So I offer to drive the Suburban for a couple of days... and five days later, I still don't have my car back. So, I hatch my master plan to get a faster Tesla... and it works! Now I LOVE our 100D! :D
We got 2 white Model S though not as matching as yours, mine has a nosecone but I actually like it - combined with the old headlights it kinda looks more "masculine" than the refresh look, but it could be just me. My wife had some reservations at first, some of which was less space than her previous van, some was the techiness of a Tesla. The space reservations went away almost instantly after a couple of trips to Ikea, bringing home furniture. She was a little frustrated with the fact that it took 3 mirror assemblies to get one of the mirrors to unfold reliably - part of Tesla charm, we were part of the lucky bunch that got the new mirror design which must have gone into production without much testing. Once everything was all fixed up, now she loves it and wouldn't give it up for any other car. The only drawback to having an all Tesla household is dreading any business trips where I have to drive an ICE rental car. ;)

Reactions: OBX John