Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone have 3M *MATTE* Scotchgard Paint Protection Film Pro

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve seen a bunch of YouTube videos of Tesla’s with stealth or matte PPF on them, but almost all are with Xpel Stealth film. Does anyone know of some YouTube videos of a Tesla (preferably white paint) with 3M matte film? Or do any of you guys have it?

My installer deals with 3M film, which I’m less familiar with, but he is by far one of the best installers in my region and I want to stick with him based on quality (he’s still expensive :p) I’m curious if the 3M matte is as strong of a matte finish as Xpel. All the videos I’ve seen of Xpel show zero reflections and just an intense deep color and glow.

Right now I have a Y on order in blue and plan on full coverage PPF (glossy) with paint correction and ceramic top coat. However... I’ve got a small window to change if I want and I’m debating white with a matte finish instead... Would paint correction still be recommended with matte? Would that still cause the car to glow more and more sparkle from the metallic flake?

So many decisions.

I have the same question. i know this is an older post but would really like to hear from anyone that has experience with both or have any info on it. I am also in the market to do a Full PPF on my MY debating on Xpel Stealth, 3M Scotchgard Pro Matte