Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone have a creak in their rear hatch fixed by Service?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm taking my Feb 2015 build in for its one year service (and L upgrade!) tomorrow morning. Biggest issues I have are squeaks/rattles. In particular, there's a creak in the rear hatch. Has anyone had a rear hatch creak fixed? It almost sounds as if the glass is clicking against the frame or something when I go over bumpy road, but not really sure. I've had them try to fix it before, but they just focused on the license plate and rubber stoppers (already optimally adjusted to stop buffeting), neither of which had any measurable effect on the creak.

If there are any other suggestions of causes to check, I'll lob any ideas at the service folks.
Thanks!

I had couple issues with rattles in my rear hatch which Tesla fixed.

One was with the speaker grill below the window. They fixed that by adding some felt to make the grill more snug so it didn't shake. I could repro the noise on most roads & also by firmly tapping just below it.

Another noise coming from my hatch was that my rear defroster cable was disconnected and moving around in there. Is suspect this probably wasn't a factory issue but rather probably an oversight by my window tinter, but I appreciate that Tesla caught it and fixed it :)