Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone have a delivery estimate for a P100D?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_3180.PNG
What does that spec sheet show for your seats? Mine is still blank. No line entry other than the $2500 price.

Here's a screen shot.

VERY SOON.
  • Ordered August 8th
  • Confirmed August 10th
  • Upgrade from P90DL to P100DL requested August 23rd
  • Entered Production August 26th
  • Completed August 28th
  • Came out a P100DL!
  • In Transit September 6th
  • Delivered ????
Might want to check out the excellent Delivery Update thread where we are "keeping score" @ Model S Delivery Update

On what date did you receive your VIN confirmation?

@antruong4 Is awaiting a Model X P100D and got the following message from Tesla:

"We are excited to get you behind the wheel of one of the first P100D’s in the country. With this being a new battery, it is a bit different from the packs we have used historically, so we are putting it through extended inspections & testing to be sure it is operating perfectly, so we will have to postpone your delivery by approximately 1 week. I would like to reschedule your appointment to next Friday, September 16th & if it is ready earlier, I will contact you to offer an earlier delivery date."

I asked my DS and OA about P100D delays last week and I was assured everything was on target...

Last edited:
@antruong4
"We are excited to get you behind the wheel of one of the first P100D’s in the country. With this being a new battery, it is a bit different from the packs we have used historically, so we are putting it through extended inspections & testing to be sure it is operating perfectly, so we will have to postpone your delivery by approximately 1 week. I would like to reschedule your appointment to next Friday, September 16th & if it is ready earlier, I will contact you to offer an earlier delivery date."

I got this same exact message nearly verbatim when I hit up my delivery advisor. I see the memo now ... when they ask, copy and paste this reply.

Your model S is still with our teams, as with any new product we want to make sure it is right on par. Our teams have implement an little more to the final inspection process. Once the vehicle is all set I will reach out, hopefully we are aiming for near next weekend or the week following

• Informative
Reactions: Model S M.D.
I got this same exact message nearly verbatim when I hit up my delivery advisor. I see the memo now ... when they ask, copy and paste this reply.

Your model S is still with our teams, as with any new product we want to make sure it is right on par. Our teams have implement an little more to the final inspection process. Once the vehicle is all set I will reach out, hopefully we are aiming for near next weekend or the week following

I'm glad they're taking the time to make sure everything's perfect.

Pinged my DS again..I'm supposed to enter production sometime this week. No known delays for extended inspection/testing. Still in the production queue as of now...

At least yesterday's AP press conference is keeping me busy :)

Reactions: Lyon
Production complete! Picking up at Fremont factory on Wednesday, 9/14. I'm going to be utterly useless for the next five days.

I just got the dreaded "making sure everything is perfect with the new battery" call. Pushed out to Sunday, 9/18.

They'll never admit it, but my guess is that they found some serious problem at the last minute and are doing retrofits. I don't mind the delay as much as I mind being lied to. They are not doing four full days of testing on every new vehicle.

• Informative
Reactions: Model S M.D.
I just got the dreaded "making sure everything is perfect with the new battery" call. Pushed out to Sunday, 9/18.

They'll never admit it, but my guess is that they found some serious problem at the last minute and are doing retrofits. I don't mind the delay as much as I mind being lied to. They are not doing four full days of testing on every new vehicle.

Sorry to hear that, but at least it wasn't a complete surprise thanks to the TMC community. We have a new user @technomation who's P100DL went into production over the weekend.

I asked my DS today what the real holdup is. The good news and bad news is that it's nothing technical. Apparently the state of California decided that the P100D is different enough to be a "new model" and therefore has to be approved for sale. Tesla is hoping for approval by this Friday, 9/16. My first thought was "why not just say so?" -- which would the Right Thing to do for customers, but presumably has legal and financial implications. Like, you probably can't legally sell a car before it's been approved for sale, and it would almost certainly blow Tesla's Q3 numbers if they can't recognize any P100D revenue in September.