Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone have a delivery estimate for a P100D?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Who'll be the first to hit the drag strip with theirs?
Should be a good video to upload to YouTube, being the first.

Even if there is no event, hire the track for the 15 minutes, let a service person man the lights and time keeping. You just got a $150K car :)

Dragtimes guy mentioned he'll be racing his Lamborghini Huracan against the P100DL tonight at the strip...should be interesting!

Picking up the Beast Wed morning at the Highland Park IL store!

Congrats!!

Update from My Tesla: Your estimated delivery window is September 23, 2016 - October 7, 2016 :)

It's here. I pick it up Tuesday afternoon or early Wednesday morning.

From my delivery advisor, as of 5 minutes ago.

I have the best news!! It is time, it is time, it is time!! If you are at all excited to drive YOUR P100D Ludicrous Models S, Please feel free to call me or email me your availability for as early as Tuesday afternoon! Looking forward to hearing from you.

I have the best news!! It is time, it is time, it is time!! If you are at all excited to drive YOUR P100D Ludicrous Models S, Please feel free to call me or email me your availability for as early as Tuesday afternoon! Looking forward to hearing from you.
Gongratulations!

Congrats! I like your DS, mine isn't as enthusiastic...

• Funny
Reactions: mikes_fsd and Lyon
Ugh. What a disaster. I just tweeted this to Elon:

@elonmusk Refused delivery of #P100D today. Long hairs under clear coat, deep scratches in hood, cracked windshield. Really upset.

The hairs were in the paint next to the rear window, not in some easily replaceable part like a quarter panel. And there were swirl marks all over the paint and buffing compound residue in the seams between paint and window -- why on earth is a new car getting rubbed with compound? There were also misaligned body panels and crumpled fabric in the corner of the driver's seat. None of these were subtle.

This would have been one of the first five P100Ds delivered. Given the choice of having multiple repairs to a brand new car, or just starting over, I decided to start over. Lemons never get better. The question now is whether I really want to order another car and go through this again.

I'm surprised at how upset I am. Not just because I didn't get the car, but because I always thought Tesla was so much more.

@elonmusk Refused delivery of #P100D today. Long hairs under clear coat, deep scratches in hood, cracked windshield. Really upset.

The hairs were in the paint next to the rear window, not in some easily replaceable part like a quarter panel. And there were swirl marks all over the paint and buffing compound residue in the seams between paint and window -- why on earth is a new car getting rubbed with compound? There were also misaligned body panels and crumpled fabric in the corner of the driver's seat. None of these were subtle.

This would have been one of the first five P100Ds delivered. Given the choice of having multiple repairs to a brand new car, or just starting over, I decided to start over. Lemons never get better. The question now is whether I really want to order another car and go through this again.

I'm surprised at how upset I am. Not just because I didn't get the car, but because I always thought Tesla was so much more.

Okay... I can't help it... I call BS... A cracked windshield??? At delivery??? I've read plenty of "horror stories" on this forum over the years regarding delivery quality issues, but can never recall cracked glass...

I want to be wrong here but my BS meeter hit red line when I read about the supposed cracked windshield...

Jeff

@flashflood,

You've GOT to have photos.

Ski

Okay... I can't help it... I call BS... A cracked windshield??? At delivery??? I've read plenty of "horror stories" on this forum over the years regarding delivery quality issues, but can never recall cracked glass...

I want to be wrong here but my BS meeter hit red line when I read about the supposed cracked windshield...

Jeff

Look at my two-year history of posting here. It's been nothing but positive. The delivery people themselves pointed out the hair in the paint and the windshield crack before I even began looking at the car. Cracked glass isn't always glaringly obvious -- sometimes you can't see the crack at all unless the light hits it at the right angle. And it was at the top of the windshield, which has black background. That's probably why they missed it in the factory. (However, there was also a chip in the edge of the glass where the roughly 2-inch crack started, and that should have been caught for sure.)

Sorry, I didn't take photos. I should have, but I was honestly in a daze.

VIN 158763 if you don't believe me and want to ask Tesla about it yourself.

• Informative
Reactions: Sather and KZKZ

Could it be the "delivery people"? It is not unusual for auto hauler drivers to fix scratches and dents by themselves at almost no cost as opposed to having an insurance claim or paying a lot of money to a certified body shop. "buffing compound residue in the seams between paint and window" - sounds like someone was in a hurry.

Could it be the "delivery people"? It is not unusual for auto hauler drivers to fix scratches and dents by themselves at almost no cost as opposed to having an insurance claim or paying a lot of money to a certified body shop. "buffing compound residue in the seams between paint and window" - sounds like someone was in a hurry.

Plausible theory, but no. I went to the Fremont factory to take delivery -- it's about half an hour from where I live.

• Informative
Reactions: KZKZ

wow, whenever i see report like this, it makes me wonder if Tesla even do at least some basic quality check as they are building the car. And this is for a car that they have been building for 4 years now.
Sorry to hear that. We understand the frustration.

Reactions: cwerdna

So sorry to hear about this. At least they are not trying to fix these issues and still deliver the car to you. I hope you get into P100D as soon as possible. By the way, they now have inventory P100Ds, if you're interested.

Tesla offering Model S P100D inventory cars for immediate pickup