Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone have a delivery estimate for a P100D?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well that settles it, I'm not hitting the "Make Payment" button until I go get a look at the car tomorrow.

Here's a good thread to get a list going for issues to be on the lookout for at delivery. I actually had the pano seal issue with my first Model S but didn't even notice it. One other suggestion that has been made is to bring your detailer with you to delivery so they can help point out issues/flaws.

Production Quality Issues at Delivery?

Reactions: Lyon
There were discrepancies in my late 2014 car too, but it was an inventory car. My history of delivery discrepancies included flaws in both BMW 535 and a Z1 that made me defer delivery, then there was the Maserati that had a dead battery, later traced to a dead alternator. Then there was another Maserati that caught fire as I was driving it home, due to a damaged catalytic converter. There have been a handful of others with various makes and models. From Alfa to Toyota. Frankly I don't thenk anybody does delivery in a really excellent way. My experience with tesla was leagues better than I have had anywhere else.

Ah, there was one exception, when I took delivery of a flawed car from a dealer of a manufacturer to whom I was consulting at the time. By coincidence the corporate head of dealer relations was in my car later that day. he asked me when I'd taken delivery, I told him that morning. The paperwork was voided (still at the dealer) and I had a new perfect car to go home in. That, unquestionably, was not typical service from that manufacturer. I shall not mention their name.

• Informative
Reactions: DIL
I went from wandering into a Tesla store idly wondering what my P85D would be worth as a trade in (a week ago), to picking up a Black P100D on September 29 or 30! My SA seems to think it will one of the 1st on the East Coast, but I think he was just angling to get a test ride.
Yeah, sure, That's what we all say: "I was just watching my surgeon twirl his Ferrari keyring so I just bought it from him" (me, 1979 in London). Now it's different, my spouse is convinced "we'll just drop by the SC to take a look and we'll end out with a P100D with identical color, equipment etc as our woefully inadequate slow and short range P85D.:rolleyes:

• Funny
Reactions: mikes_fsd
A great day my friends! It looks like at 2 or 3 of us are picking up our P100DL's today! I go get mine at 5:00pm. That was the soonest I could get to the delivery center today.

I'll post the performance numbers in the "Am I the first in the world" thread late tonight or early tommorow. Congrats everyone! Let's go for a drive...

A great day my friends! It looks like at 2 or 3 of us are picking up our P100DL's today! I go get mine at 5:00pm. That was the soonest I could get to the delivery center today.

I'll post the performance numbers in the "Am I the first in the world" thread late tonight or early tommorow. Congrats everyone! Let's go for a drive...

Congrats! Please post all the details about your experience with the car and include photos. Congrats again and have fun!

Sounds more and more like that the 100 pack is actually 100kWh. The extra range will be very helpful in the X during the winter in cold states. Unfortunately, I suspect the pack upgrades won't happen until spring/summer next year. I hope I'm wrong.

Congrats. Why not post the performance numbers here:

P100D, 760HP and Performance Tests

It's here!!! So far it's perfect and fast as *%#¥!

I was a little surprised by the staggered wheel/tire setup with the Pilot Super Sports.

Has rear cup holders and USB.
IMG_3272.JPG
IMG_3276.JPG
IMG_3262.JPG
IMG_3266.JPG
IMG_3269.JPG

My P100D was ready for pickup yesterday. ~1 month from ordering to delivery.

Can't pick it up until next week though because of my schedule and they can't deliver it. Trade in of my P85D ($50k of depreciation in 18 months/15k miles), has to be dropped off by me at the service center (3 hours away) and can't be swapped with the delivery.

Par for the course for Tesla. After 3 cars in 18 months you figure I'd accept how this company operates.

• Informative
Reactions: ggnykk
My P100D was ready for pickup yesterday. ~1 month from ordering to delivery.

Can't pick it up until next week though because of my schedule and they can't deliver it. Trade in of my P85D ($50k of depreciation in 18 months/15k miles), has to be dropped off by me at the service center (3 hours away) and can't be swapped with the delivery.

Par for the course for Tesla. After 3 cars in 18 months you figure I'd accept how this company operates.

I knew it would be bad, but.. $50k? Ouch.

Two were already delivered in CT and 2 more are being prepped
As I mentioned, he is jonesing to feel that 100 acceleration.
Already have seen a Blue one in Florida on YouTube, and it seemed unimaginable that at least a few hundred folks in the East wouldn't have jumped on an order as soon as it was announced. I personally didn't realize the new model was out until I wandered into the local Tesla Store.