Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone have a good experience buying stuff from Tesla.com?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Man, they make it really hard. I bought a wall charger from there 2 different times, and both times took forever to ship and required me reaching out to them. Latest is I bought the Tesla Wireless Charger 2.0 more than a month ago and it's just sitting there...no status other than ordered. I've reached out to them three times and only got one response that indicated they'd get back to me. Any tricks on actually getting purchased merchandise?

Yes until now. I've ordered several things from Tesla in the past without issue , but recently I ordered the Corded Mobile Charger and it never shipped. They confirmed my order, charged me, sat on my money for several months, customer service assured me it would ship soon... and then cancelled the order.

I'm salty about it because a.) my friend ordered one after I did AND GOT IT and b.) they probably cancelled my order because they are going to raise the price next time the offer them and didn't want my order hanging out there at the lower price. :mad:

Yes until now. I've ordered several things from Tesla in the past without issue , but recently I ordered the Corded Mobile Charger and it never shipped. They confirmed my order, charged me, sat on my money for several months, customer service assured me it would ship soon... and then cancelled the order.

I'm salty about it because a.) my friend ordered one after I did AND GOT IT and b.) they probably cancelled my order because they are going to raise the price next time the offer them and didn't want my order hanging out there at the lower price. :mad:
Yes, this is similar to my experience. Basically got the guy to admit they don’t have what they sold me in stock, have no idea when or even if they ever will. So they gave me an option to just wait and see or get a refund. This was after my 5th time reaching out. What a *sugar* show.

Man, they make it really hard. I bought a wall charger from there 2 different times, and both times took forever to ship and required me reaching out to them. Latest is I bought the Tesla Wireless Charger 2.0 more than a month ago and it's just sitting there...no status other than ordered. I've reached out to them three times and only got one response that indicated they'd get back to me. Any tricks on actually getting purchased merchandise?
Who did you reach out too? Trying to return and just waiting for them to contact me!

I haven't had any problems at all so far. Starting in January 2021, I've purchased Wall Connectors four times*, cargo bins and recently a NEMA adapter. All of these were processed and delivered within a few days.

However, I have no doubt that Tesla customer service could be frustrating to deal with, had there been any problems. Also, it sounds like their inventory- tracking system is not doing a good job of confirming and reserving in-stock items when an order is accepted on the website.

* I know, four seems like a lot! The first one was 18-ft, but the 25-ft came out so I bought it and sold the 18 to a friend. Tlthird one for family at another house. Then recently, lighting wiped out mine so I replaced it as the fourth purchase. Again there is no phone number for this. After reading their disclaimers and user reports about the warranty and lightning-strike failures, I decided not to fight with them or to delay my replacement of the HPWC.