Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone have a proven solution?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My driver profile will not save settings. The parking setting works well but It never returns to my driving settings when I put it in gear. When I adjust the steering wheel and I push “save”, it gives me a green check mark. But the next time I drive it I must adjust it all over again. Groundhog Day. Is there anyway that you have tried and it works to fix this? It used to work fine. I prefer actual successful fixes to speculations such as reset, erase and reconfigure etc.

My driver profile will not save settings. The parking setting works well but It never returns to my driving settings when I put it in gear. When I adjust the steering wheel and I push “save”, it gives me a green check mark. But the next time I drive it I must adjust it all over again. Groundhog Day. Is there anyway that you have tried and it works to fix this? It used to work fine. I prefer actual successful fixes to speculations such as reset, erase and reconfigure etc.

Is the fob linked to the profile you are changing?

Fob? How do I know if the fob is linked to my profile? I only use one fob and am the only driver.

From the S manual :
Linking a Driver Profile to a Key You can link a driver profile to a specific key to allow Model S to automatically select the correct driver profile when the linked key is detected as you approach the vehicle and open the driver's door. To link a driver profile to a key, enter Model S with the key and touch Controls > Settings > Driver Profiles on the vehicle's touchscreen. Select the driver profile you would like to link to the key, then touch Link to Key Fob.

Note: Model S only detects one key at a time. The driver profile is linked to the key that is detected by the vehicle at that time. Therefore, if you want to link driver profiles to multiple keys, ensure that only the key that you would like to link the driver profile to is within detection range while performing the linking procedure. Move all other keys outside of the detection range (at least three feet (one meter) away from Model S).

Note: Model S can support up to three linked keys. However, a driver profile can only be linked to one key. To remove the link between a driver profile and key, touch Controls > Settings > Driver Profiles. Select the driver profile, then touch the X next to Linked to Key Fob.

I believe there is another thread where multiple users are having this problem. IIRC, one of the users has a vehicle at service for it and the other says the issue went away with 2018.12. There may even have been a third user who says the issue started for them with 2018.10.x.