TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Anyone have an AP2 Model X in production?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by gearchruncher, Oct 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. gearchruncher

gearchruncher Member

I've noticed that no Model X orders seemed to get the EAP upgrade email. Some of us also don't have estimated delivery dates, even though we have VINs, and when we ordered we were quoted dates only about 5 weeks from now.

Which makes me wonder- is the Model X in production right now? Any chance they don't actually have AP2 tooled up for the Model X? All the pictures have been on an S. They also say "all cars in production" have AP2. Well, if the Model X isn't in production...

Easy to disprove though- Does anyone have a car in production, or done being produced, that started after Oct 10th (the AP2 switchover date)?

EV-CPO does show two AP2 Model X's in inventory, but I don't trust their detection method on that yet.

2. timf

timf Member

The video demonstrating self driving was done in a Model X, so I don't see where you get the idea that they're only showing the new hardware in Model S.

• Like x 2
  3. gearchruncher

gearchruncher Member

Thanks, that's a good point. It doesn't mean that was a production X however, but it does show they know how to build one. Still hoping to hear that someone has actually seen their X go into production (or even has an estimated production date anytime soon).

4. figers

figers X60D Owner

My DS said I am confirmed for AP 2.0 hardware on my X (I had purchased AP 1.0), but said some factory re-tooling is happening so with a Nov Delivery date he said I should get it end of Nov.

I also got the email to upgrade to Enhanced auto pilot, not sure if I want to do it now or later once it's ready.. Less taxable purchase if I wait till latter, but also increased cost if I wait till later...

5. gearchruncher

gearchruncher Member

Thanks figers. Good to know the X is still moving too. Hopefully my DS will actually call me today.

6. HookBill

HookBill Member

Nope. Still in queue. No corporate email to upgrade received but AP2 along with full suite of software have been confirmed via PM with DS.

7. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

Just chiming in here.. it's not any type of "detection method".. I'm using the Model S and Model X option codes used by Tesla to tag a car with AP1.0 or AP2.0. If there are any cars miscoded with AP20 that don't have it, that data all comes from Tesla. The data displayed on EV-CPO is only as good as the data that Tesla publishes -- which does have errors from time to time, but I try to detect and fix those as they happen.
    Was there some other concern you had about this?

• Informative x 1
  8. martinicus

martinicus Member

My MX with EAP is in production now. VIN 23xxx. The automated communication has been fairly poor, never got the Autopilot Upgrade email, had to tell my DS directly. Got my "your car is in production" email several days after it showed on my tesla. Have never been shown an estimated deivery date on my tesla.

9. faktor

faktor Member

Yeah, VIN 288xx

10. Trnsl8r

Trnsl8r S85 since 12/8/12, X90 since 12/20/16

https://ev-cpo.com has a number of MX listed with AP2 or FSD, so arguably they're out there.

11. figers

figers X60D Owner

Mine is now in production, got an email from my DS last Thursday, tesla.com shows the same... wish it'd arrive before Thanksgiving

12. Trnsl8r

Trnsl8r S85 since 12/8/12, X90 since 12/20/16

When did you order it? (Just curious about how long it takes.)

13. figers

figers X60D Owner

I ordered it in Sept, but pushed delivery to end of Nov for auto pilot hardware rumor reasons and lucked out!

• Like x 2
  14. jonrettinger

jonrettinger Member

I have VIN 28XXX scheduled for production the 1st week in Dec. Conformed 10/24. Definitely seems like there was a slowdown at the factory. Retooling maybe for the new hardware?

15. acaciolo

acaciolo Member

i ordered a p100dl about 3 weeks ago and it is in production now. Delivery is estimated at mid december. I ordered with eap.

• Informative x 1
  16. smtung

smtung Member

retooling for RHD MX

• Like x 1
  17. rush6410

rush6410 Member

Mine completed production 11/20. Delivery available starting 11/27.

18. networx88

networx88 Member

I ordered (confirmed) my MX 75D today and was told to expect delivery late December. The showroom said to order no later than 11/25 to have any chance of delivery in 2016.

19. bushburner

bushburner Member

Question is, did anybody on this forum receive their AP2 car?

20. keytalker

keytalker Member

Will pick up my x90d tomorrow with just ap2 hardware, I didn't opt in eap because the software is not ready yet.

• Like x 3