Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone have an extra ticket to Model Y event?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did EM say what year? We are all guessing 2019, but not sure. A little late to be sending out invites.

Heh it would be quite interesting if he meant March 2020, and if the goal of low volume production in 2020 is still a thing, it could be the shortest time between unveil and first customer delivery (which would please a lot of people).

But yeah, very strange that there are no invites nor is there a estimated event start time.

Has anyone gotten an invite? As part of the referral program I’m supposed to get an invite to a “future” Tesla event ... I do live in LA and would like to go but this is certainly late notice for everyone that didn’t know already.

Here's how it will go:
1) Crazy parking
2) The reveal will start late
3) You will see the vehicle. It will be a boxier 3.
4) You will get a ride in the vehicle. It will be a bit more comfortable in the back than a 3
5) You will be able to reserve it. Which will ultimately be pointless because priority will be based on profit on the unit and parts availability.
6) It will take a long time to get away.

Never been to one, but essentially they're the same.

Here's how it will go:
1) Crazy parking
2) The reveal will start late
3) You will see the vehicle. It will be a boxier 3.
4) You will get a ride in the vehicle. It will be a bit more comfortable in the back than a 3
5) You will be able to reserve it. Which will ultimately be pointless because priority will be based on profit on the unit and parts availability.
6) It will take a long time to get away.

Never been to one, but essentially they're the same.
So kind of like going to a rock concert ;)

I have been to a few of these and they are like a LA nightclub and well done . . . signature drink, full bar, search lights, etc. Parking is done very well with valet service. Points 2-5 are correct. Expect plenty of fanboi excitement too. EM is a disappointing speaker, but no one cares about anything but the content anyway.

I will never put down a deposit for a Tesla again, but will wait 18 months for the features to solidify and most of the bugs they want to fix to happen. I ordered a SR Model 3 the day it became available and the arrival estimate was two weeks. My friend who ordered on the first day with a reservation got the same estimate. No more free loans to Tesla for me.

If anyone invited has an extra spot, i’ll provide one night in a Marriott branded hotel near the event with free breakfast and/or concierge lounge access and 4 pm check out. I’ll also drive you to the event in either a Tesla Roadster or a Tesla Model 3 (you pick!). PM me if interested.

If anyone invited has an extra spot, i’ll provide one night in a Marriott branded hotel near the event with free breakfast and/or concierge lounge access and 4 pm check out. I’ll also drive you to the event in either a Tesla Roadster or a Tesla Model 3 (you pick!). PM me if interested.
You appear to have the best offer so far. Time remains on the auction however. Stay tuned.

• Funny
Reactions: Lift