Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone have any experience with the Devon PA dealer?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did my test drive there, picking up my car there on the 18th. Been dealing with Chris, the SA, who's been pretty helpful (though recently he's been less responsive; I guess they're getting busy, that's OK)

I also called a delivery agent that I think was there, cuz I needed some paperwork for my loan.
No complaints yet!

Did my test drive there, picking up my car there on the 18th. Been dealing with Chris, the SA, who's been pretty helpful (though recently he's been less responsive; I guess they're getting busy, that's OK)

I also called a delivery agent that I think was there, cuz I needed some paperwork for my loan.
No complaints yet!

Chris is my SA as well, although I did my test drive at the store in the King of Prussia Mall. He has been EXTREMELY helpful with everything (I agree with him being less responsive lately though)

I ordered on 10/26 and I have a delivery date of 12/14. I did go to the Devon showroom last weekend just for something to do. I wanted to spend some more time with the Model 3, and I also wanted to check out the S and X. I was there for maybe 30 minutes and I did think it was strange that the entire time I was there, no employee came up to talk to me. I didn't mind though, I didn't really need any help. Earlier this week, I emailed the sales team earlier this week and just asked that if they had received my car earlier than my scheduled delivery date, that they give me a call. I didn't receive a response. I'm hoping this isn't an indication of poor customer service. Hoping my delivery day goes smoothly and I'm given ample time to inspect the car before I drive away. I'm insisting on it otherwise.

Reactions: TydalForce
I also made a connection with the service manager Ryan. He is going to swap winter tires for me (same rims, just take off the all season and put on my winters) after I take deliver, for the standard fee, of course. $125 he said.

Chris is my SA as well, although I did my test drive at the store in the King of Prussia Mall. He has been EXTREMELY helpful with everything (I agree with him being less responsive lately though)

I ordered on 10/26 and I have a delivery date of 12/14. I did go to the Devon showroom last weekend just for something to do. I wanted to spend some more time with the Model 3, and I also wanted to check out the S and X. I was there for maybe 30 minutes and I did think it was strange that the entire time I was there, no employee came up to talk to me. I didn't mind though, I didn't really need any help. Earlier this week, I emailed the sales team earlier this week and just asked that if they had received my car earlier than my scheduled delivery date, that they give me a call. I didn't receive a response. I'm hoping this isn't an indication of poor customer service. Hoping my delivery day goes smoothly and I'm given ample time to inspect the car before I drive away. I'm insisting on it otherwise.

Do you happen to have his email:) I’m scheduled the 20th and wanted to ask couple questions

I test drove at Devon 11/23 and ordered that day; finalized trade-in and online stuff (except insurance bit) 11/26. Found by VIN in the source yesterday, but not officially on the page yet. Hoping to hear soon to schedule delivery. [happy to see PA deliveries in the waiting room threads!]

My SA is Alex, who was great that day and in follow up shortly after. Radio silence since then, but I haven't needed any changes and am trying to be patient.

[LR AWD blue/black]

I test drove at Devon 11/23 and ordered that day; finalized trade-in and online stuff (except insurance bit) 11/26. Found my VIN in the source yesterday, but not officially on the page yet. Hoping to hear soon to schedule delivery. [happy to see PA deliveries in the waiting room threads!]

My SA is Alex, who was great that day and in follow up shortly after. Radio silence since then, but I haven't needed any changes and am trying to be patient.

[LR AWD blue/black]

UPDATE: Just got my delivery text! Scheduled pickup in Devon 12/23
(They had Christmas day times open on the scheduling calendar, which was interesting to see)

I took delivery yesterday, on a Saturday. The place was a zoo. They delivered 30 cars in one day. I got a call from them on Friday night around 6pm asking if I could pick up on Sat instead of Tuesday. The car was on the truck coming from Chicago. I said yes and called around 1030am on Sat and they woke my car and figured out it was around Pittsburgh, so I would definitely get it. We went in around 1230 to pre-sign all the docs and pay for the car and I told them I would be back around 5pm to pick up the car. That gave them time to clean and detail it. The signing took about 1.5hrs, even though they said 10 mins over the phone. Pick-up took about 30 mins, so 2 hrs total. They couldn't find my key cards, so that added about 10 mins to pick up. While they were looking for the key cards, my phone app lit up and I was able to blink the lights and find my car. I didn't need any training on the car and drove off happily. The car is amazing. I had zero interaction with my SA. It was all through the operations team.

Best number to use is 610-407-7030, option 4.

So many people were taking up to an hour to ask questions and review every minute detail of the car. I felt bad for the Tesla delivery team, they did the best they could with the volume.

I took delivery yesterday, on a Saturday. The place was a zoo. They delivered 30 cars in one day. I got a call from them on Friday night around 6pm asking if I could pick up on Sat instead of Tuesday. The car was on the truck coming from Chicago. I said yes and called around 1030am on Sat and they woke my car and figured out it was around Pittsburgh, so I would definitely get it. We went in around 1230 to pre-sign all the docs and pay for the car and I told them I would be back around 5pm to pick up the car. That gave them time to clean and detail it. The signing took about 1.5hrs, even though they said 10 mins over the phone. Pick-up took about 30 mins, so 2 hrs total. They couldn't find my key cards, so that added about 10 mins to pick up. While they were looking for the key cards, my phone app lit up and I was able to blink the lights and find my car. I didn't need any training on the car and drove off happily. The car is amazing. I had zero interaction with my SA. It was all through the operations team.

Best number to use is 610-407-7030, option 4.

So many people were taking up to an hour to ask questions and review every minute detail of the car. I felt bad for the Tesla delivery team, they did the best they could with the volume.

What took 1.5 hours for final paperwork?!? Did they have some issue in the papers which required changing? Or did you have to wait an hour plus before the final signing?

Picked up my stealth model 3 from them about 3 weeks ago and everything went very smoothly. Agree with 19white3 about calling that number and pressing option 4 as that always got me through to someone (usually Eric) that was super helpful during the whole process.

It took 1.5 hrs from check in to walking out with my temp registration in hand, and I was paying in cash. It would have taken much longer if I was trading in a car. They checked me in on an ipad and then I had to wait for someone to help us like apple does. I just hung around the delivery area and made friends with about 3 of the reps and all 3 were helping me and everyone else in the end. The DMV paperwork took the longest. I saw buyers from PA, NJ, DE and NY taking delivery so the reps have to deal with several different states. I really only know PA title procedures so I brought my old plate and registration and swapped it onto the new Tesla. The rep sent in my transfer paperwork to the state.

One thing I didn't realize for PA buyers, Tesla does not (cannot according to them) inspect the car for state inspection purposes. So all PA buyers will have to take the car somewhere else and have the state inspection done.

• Informative
Reactions: ZappCatt

Attachments

• IMG_20191210_162830.jpg
    IMG_20191210_162830.jpg
    443.3 KB · Views: 119