Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone have any ideas for reseting 2nd row seat?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New 7-seat configuration, the single (passenger-side) 2nd row seat gets locked halfway down. The SC wouldn't tell me how to reset it. They can do it very quickly, but they're an hour away. A new seat has been ordered, but who knows how long that can take.

It's like the seat has no power. The button does nothing and makes no noise. The two levers are limp, like they're not connected. It's clear that the levers don't actually disengage the seat locks, but rather they're just computer switches. The usual computer reset and hard resets do nothing. Any help would be appreciated, though I know there aren't many of these in the wild.

988DFF63-CA9C-43E2-A178-2C87DA7BACB3.jpeg
Can you move seat forwards or backwards? If it does try seeing if seat will go up or down in both positions. Sorry I have a 7 seater but have never had any issues with the seats

No, it doesn’t move in either direction and the back (which is 45° down) won’t move up or down either.

Even with the manual levers doesn't move? Try gently pushing back on seat as you Push button or pull levers. Any one else can chime in?
It’s hard to describe, but the levers are limp, as if they aren’t connect to anything. They just kinda flop. Looking under the seat it’s clear that they are connected to a computerized switch and don’t actually move the mechanism.

It’s hard to describe, but the levers are limp, as if they aren’t connect to anything. They just kinda flop. Looking under the seat it’s clear that they are connected to a computerized switch and don’t actually move the mechanism.

Sorry to hear this. I have the 6 seat version and my rear seats have gotten stuck. They had to just replace the seat (not sure why they don’t try to just replace internal component). I’m surprised this isn’t a manual seat, I would have hoped if it was it would prevent this kind of problem from happening... could it be just wiring on the bottom that’s fallen off/disconnected? I had my hazards light not work because they didn’t attach the wiring. Of course your seat was fine before and now doesn’t, unless something got caught sometime and it got pulled out? good luck

For anyone who comes across this in the future, I've found a way to get the seat working again, though it always seises up again shortly after. I've been able to do a hard reset and as the car is powering up again, there's about a half a second where it completely unlocks and I can put it into place again. I've also learned that standing up from the driver's seat causes the car to turn back on again.

We picked up our X 100D last week, and used it for 6 or 7 passengers quite a bit since then.

The operation of the middle row seats isn't intuitively obvious - and we've had the seats get stuck in this state several times. Though either using the recliner handle, using the button on the back of the seat, or moving the seat forward/back seems to get the seat into the correct and locked position.

Guess we should read the manual...

Not sure if there's been any updates. I have the same exact problem with the 2nd row seat getting stuck in 45 degree angle in my MX 2018, 7 seater. Did Tesla charge you to repair it?
Thanks
If your car is still under warranty, Tesla will cover repairs to seats. If it is out of warranty, a repair would be your cost.

Reading through this thread and based on my own experience with the 7-seat configuration, I’m confused about how the manual part of the seats could totally seize up.

This happened to me three times. 1st time I thought it was a seat problem. In fact, they replaced the seats. The second time, it was a loose wire. The third time, I found the loose wire under the seat. I think it would be an easy fix, and I am trying to figure out how to "replug" the wires