Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone have any luck on the refresh with game controllers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,
I'm trying to get a game controller to work on the refreshed S. so far I tried the logitech 310 and a usb c to usb a adapter and got no luck - the car recognizes there is a controller, but i can't do anything with it - i've tried D and X modes (little switch on back) and the mode button light or not lit. i don't know what that is, i would guess "fire all the time" but maybe not.
any ideas?
i also bought the nintendo looking usb adapter that i think is bluetooth, and did natively try my xbox controller but will try with both the bluetooth adapter (and usb c adapter) and lastly with the usb c and wired to the xbox controller.
it really shouldn't be this difficult.
sigh.
(1st world problems)
thanks for any tips!

Reactions: MattMac
and...to answer my own question, i got the logitech 310 to work. at first it allowed sonic to play, but not allow me to control. i'm using it in the console usb-c area with a OTG USB C to A adapter. I refuse to use the glovebox - it's a pain, and i don't want to muck with my dashcam/sentry stuff now that it is FINALLY working.
anyway, no dice with sonic, went to the cat game, and then also beach buggy (or reverse that order) - either way, worked fine - with the bottom on the D versus X setting.
then i said, WTF sonic? i tried again. no love, UNTIL i hit i think the right trigger or shoulder. that kinda woke it up, and then voila - worked perfectly.
i'm not sure if i have to use the right trigger every time, or that one time to initialize, whatever, but the thing worked.
a MAJOR gripe is that these 8 bit games are NOT Witcher III or Cyberpunk 2077, and i do NOT play 8 bit games on my PS4 or Xbox, but hey, if you're stopped for a while, it is good enough.
Anyway, hope this helps.

I started this thread on accessories for 2021 refresh Model S/Plaid. back in September. Over 600 posts now.
Posted game controllers here:

These are great!
Two player wireless.

Hi all,
I'm trying to get a game controller to work on the refreshed S. so far I tried the logitech 310 and a usb c to usb a adapter and got no luck - the car recognizes there is a controller, but i can't do anything with it - i've tried D and X modes (little switch on back) and the mode button light or not lit. i don't know what that is, i would guess "fire all the time" but maybe not.
any ideas?
i also bought the nintendo looking usb adapter that i think is bluetooth, and did natively try my xbox controller but will try with both the bluetooth adapter (and usb c adapter) and lastly with the usb c and wired to the xbox controller.
it really shouldn't be this difficult.
sigh.
(1st world problems)
thanks for any tips!
Hi,

It seems like our wireless game controller would be a good fit for your Model S. We've tested that our game controller works perfectly on refreshed model S wirelessly. The connection process is really easy and you may see some of our customer reviews here!

And here's more product informations:

Hope this help!

Reactions: cwanja