TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Anyone have collision repair experience with Service King?

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by artsci, Jul 13, 2017.

1. artsci

artsci Sponsor

Currently there are only three Tesla licensed body shops in Maryland, as follows.

1. BMW of Rockville

2. Euro pros collision

3. Service King in Glen Burnie

I have to chose one to do the structural repairs to my car that resulted from being rear-ended at a stop light. Both Euro pros and BMW of Rockville have a 6-8 week back log of repairs. Service King may be able to do the repairs faster but I know nothing about them. Does anyone have experience with them? Do they do good work? Would you recommend them?

2. montgb

montgb Member

I will be dropping off my MS at the Service King Lorton (VA) location next week for paint work (getting rid of all rock chips on bumper, fenders, hood). I'll let you know how it goes.

Their estimate was on-par with other non-Tesla recommended shops. The fact that they are Tesla certified gave me the peace-of-mind to leave it with them.

3. David.85D

David.85D Member

Service King in Gaithersburg is also certified. Have been talking to them about rear crossmember installation. Still waiting on parts, so can't comment on quality

4. David.85D

David.85D Member

I had a good experience with Service King in Gaithersburg. Clearly trying hard to please. Were very clear up front that Tesla's parts are slow and outside their control.

This location does mechanical work and paint work, but not structural repairs on teslas. They don't have the welding equipment for teslas (their other two locations in the area have it).

James Warmer handled my car. His card says he is the general manager. His email is [email protected].

There was a little question about a part number and he explained and we resolved it by email instead of having a surprise later.