Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone have Darwin PRO or Maxton Designs body kits?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking around for decent ground effects I came across Darwin PRO. Some of the parts are insane-looking (not necessarily in a good way), but certainly unique.

model_2_542218d3-938d-4937-a1b4-d30521437151_1200x.jpg

And someone in the Model 3 pics thread (their pic below) had a nice kit from Maxton Designs. I was thinking of getting their "CF look" front lip spoiler (version 1), side skirts, and rear valence. Best of all, Maxton's parts won't break the bank.

20200928_190801-jpg.593236

Anyone have any of these?

Does anyone know of any other affordable kits? (so no high end stuff like Vorsteiner, or Artisan, etc. and also no eBay junk)

• Funny
Reactions: Mr X and Lo-voltage
I have a PW M3P and went with the gloss black finish from Maxton. I think it'll look fairly aggressive, but still not over the top... I'll post up pics as soon as it's all delivered / installed.
Awesome! Mine's also white. Can't wait to see it. I get the feeling that when I see yours I'll have an order placed within 24 hours...

Were you going to install it yourself? I'm also curious to hear how the install process goes.

Awesome! Mine's also white. Can't wait to see it. I get the feeling that when I see yours I'll have an order placed within 24 hours...

Were you going to install it yourself? I'm also curious to hear how the install process goes.

I need to test fit the kit in my garage to see if it’s going to be a straight forward install. If it lines up well, I might go ahead and knock it out at home. If it looks like it’s a little suspect, I’ll have a local shop that I know take care of it... So TBD on the install.

Kit should be in my driveway on Tuesday, minus the front. I went with the more aggressive v2 splitter so it’s making the transatlantic journey from the UK and I don’t have a confirmed delivery date yet.

Reactions: Rothgarr
Nice. At first, I liked the look of the V1 splitter. Something about the V2 splitter looked a little "off" to me at first. I think it's that the double layer part in the middle was squarish compared to the very rounded front bumper of the Model 3. But the more I looked at it the more I like the V2 splitter. If/when I do get it, I might put a thin red pinstripe around the whole kit.

Reactions: 21TM3P
Nice. At first, I liked the look of the V1 splitter. Something about the V2 splitter looked a little "off" to me at first. I think it's that the double layer part in the middle was squarish compared to the very rounded front bumper of the Model 3. But the more I looked at it the more I like the V2 splitter. If/when I do get it, I might put a thin red pinstripe around the whole kit.

Same here. It just grew on me... Also, I really like the idea of adding a red line to the kit. Kind of reminds me of the VW's with splitters. Something like this:

eng_pl_FRONT-SPLITTER-VW-GOLF-Mk7-GTI-CLUBSPORT-7719_7.jpg

Reactions: Rothgarr
Same here. It just grew on me... Also, I really like the idea of adding a red line to the kit. Kind of reminds me of the VW's with splitters. Something like this:

View attachment 619689
Yup, that's what I was thinking (but maybe a little thinner).

Quick question, were you going to chop off the sides of the rear diffuser like I've seen done here on this forum? Or did you get the read side splitters as well? (I haven't seen anyone here with the side splitters and I wasn't gong to order them, either)

I need to test fit the kit in my garage to see if it’s going to be a straight forward install. If it lines up well, I might go ahead and knock it out at home. If it looks like it’s a little suspect, I’ll have a local shop that I know take care of it... So TBD on the install.

Kit should be in my driveway on Tuesday, minus the front. I went with the more aggressive v2 splitter so it’s making the transatlantic journey from the UK and I don’t have a confirmed delivery date yet.
Did the diffuser and side skirts arrive?

Did you get your kit? How does it look?