Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone have Darwin PRO or Maxton Designs body kits?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One more for you guys at the service center....where they couldn’t get it into any lift and told me to goto another service center lol

Attachments

• 02D7803B-7525-470B-BC7A-EE91918304D3.jpeg
    02D7803B-7525-470B-BC7A-EE91918304D3.jpeg
    460.9 KB · Views: 749
  • Love
Reactions: NJturtlePower
DA089C1F-1957-4C63-985C-3F0EEB589A1B.jpeg
5CA5380F-80AC-48C0-B8A2-833CAE038CC8.jpeg
C96F2F78-77D1-47CA-BBD3-B493F89A3A1A.jpeg
Finally had time to install the textured Maxton sideskirts today. Took about 2 hours to install by myself and I cut out notches on the inner parts of the sideskirts to allow Murphy jackpads or hockey pucks with a Milwaukee 12V cutout took. Used VHB and self tapping screws spaced about 10” apart. Am lowered 1.5” on MPP comfort coils and I think it looks great with the Maxton rear diffuser and UPP front lip. Will have to remove the Avery CF wrap off the UPP lip as parts of it are beginning to bubble and crack after a year.

Attachments

• 9B324B32-4C62-4E00-ABCE-CD1EBDFE1FA7.jpeg
    9B324B32-4C62-4E00-ABCE-CD1EBDFE1FA7.jpeg
    511.2 KB · Views: 327
  • EA3AD962-E946-411B-8DC3-9DCFFD0171C7.jpeg
    EA3AD962-E946-411B-8DC3-9DCFFD0171C7.jpeg
    744.6 KB · Views: 316
Last edited:
View attachment 640641 View attachment 640642 View attachment 640643 Finally had time to install the textured Maxton sideskirts today. Took about 2 hours to install by myself and I cut out notches on the inner parts of the sideskirts to allow Murphy jackpads or hockey pucks with a Milwaukee 12V cutout took. Used VHB and self tapping screws spaced about 10” apart. Am lowered 1.5” on MPP comfort coils and I think it looks great with the Maxton rear diffuser and UPP front lip. Will have to remove the Avery CF wrap off the UPP lip as parts of it are beginning to bubble and crack after a year.
Interesting. Looks good. Are you saying the skirts otherwise cover up the jack points?

I notched out a 1” wide by 6” long section on each jackpoint to be able to use either a Murphy Pad or puck style pad. It took 30 seconds to cutout each of the 4 areas. These are my pads and pucks I use. If you don’t want to cutout the sideskirt, you can probably remove 0.5” on a side of a puck to bot need to cutout the skirt. Relatively inexpensive sideskirt compared to other brands, so I decided to hack into them.

image.jpg

Great looking Maxton Design installs. Really love the minimal, yet aggressive add. Just received my lip and skirts today, but still waiting for a shipment date on the rear diffuser. Glad I found this thread calling out the need for the notching. The other parts seem pretty straightforward to install, but any other tips? Odd thing - seems like my shipment didn't come with anything besides the parts and the receipt .. sounds incomplete?

Once I get everything sorted, I'll post some photos.

Reactions: 6H057
Great looking Maxton Design installs. Really love the minimal, yet aggressive add. Just received my lip and skirts today, but still waiting for a shipment date on the rear diffuser. Glad I found this thread calling out the need for the notching. The other parts seem pretty straightforward to install, but any other tips? Odd thing - seems like my shipment didn't come with anything besides the parts and the receipt .. sounds incomplete?

Once I get everything sorted, I'll post some photos.
*by parts I mean - without any screws or manual. Just the skirt and lip themselves.

So I created this thread back in October 2020 looking for advice. After hemming and hawing for a long time, I finally installed my ground effects. I wound up getting something between the reserved look of the Maxton kit and the out-of-this world look of the Darwin Pro. It's pretty much a Vorsteiner copy.

I already posted these in the Pictures thread, but thought I'd post them here since it's relevant (and I did start this thread after all...)

The parts are all real carbon fiber and the quality is top notch (but still much cheaper than Vorsteiner.) I got the pieces from different places (both direct from China as well as here in the United States).

The fitment of the side skirts is great. There's a little bit of gap in the front splitter (only I will notice it when I'm washing it). Also required more screw holes than what came from the factory. The rear diffuser's fitment was pretty bad and wasn't staying on with tape alone -- so we went with four screws underneath the car and four screws into the bumper itself. I wasn't really concerned about putting holes in my bumper because I knew I wasn't going to take this off. And with the screws holding it in place, the fitment is now pretty great.

Thanks for everyone's help in these few pages. I absolutely love the end result.

tesla-1-sm.jpg

tesla-3-sm.jpg

tesla-2-sm.jpg

Reactions: DRTII
Any recommendations from those that have gone there, which model or type of VHB tape, push pins, and self tapping screws to use as there are many options as to each and I would prefer to get it right out of the gate rather than through trial and error.