Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone have Darwin PRO or Maxton Designs body kits?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do all Maxton products require drilling/self tapping your car?
It kind of breaks my heart if i were to drill into my 65k car.

I was interested in the V2 Front Splitter and Rear Diffuser, do they both require self-tapping the OEM panels?

'21M3P
Ren

Do all Maxton products require drilling/self tapping your car?
It kind of breaks my heart if i were to drill into my 65k car.

I was interested in the V2 Front Splitter and Rear Diffuser, do they both require self-tapping the OEM panels?

'21M3P
Ren
I mean, do you ever plan on taking them off?

The part doesn't really call for it, but I put four screws right into the back bumper of mine because there was no way the rear diffuser (not Maxton) was going to stick with tape alone... If I ever take it off, there's be four totally visible holes in my bumper. (So I never plan to take the parts off)

tesla-3.jpg

Just want to research all my options before making any purchases.
As long as it looks the way i want it to off the jump there's no reason to remove them.

I'm looking at the Darwin Pro stuff that was previously linked, some really good but pricey stuff there.
The pieces that really bug me on the Darwin Pro kit are the fender flares. There are some pics in the Darwin Pro gallery of the kit without them and they look pretty cool.

Hey all!

I found an installation video for the rear diffusor, and it's drilling/tapping into the plastic underneath the car, not the bumper itself.
Is it the case for the front splitter and the side skirts too?

Thanks!

Hey all!

I found an installation video for the rear diffusor, and it's drilling/tapping into the plastic underneath the car, not the bumper itself.
Is it the case for the front splitter and the side skirts too?

Thanks!
lmao is it the video I made? --> Maxton Rear Diffuser Install

All the Maxton stuff is the same way to install, either rivet push pins or self taping screws - as soon as my front lip and side skirts come in I'll make videos on them as well

lmao is it the video I made? --> Maxton Rear Diffuser Install

All the Maxton stuff is the same way to install, either rivet push pins or self taping screws - as soon as my front lip and side skirts come in I'll make videos on them as well
Lol yeah man, nice video! Looking forward for it :) I am pretty sure the front lip also goes into the plastic too, I was mostly curious about the side skirts. Not sure if there's enough plastic for it to get fastened too, still waiting for my M3 delivery lol

• Love
Reactions: matnetik