Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone have death rattle come and go?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car intermittently has the so-called death rattle under hard acceleration from a slow speed or a stop. Not sure, but it may be more likely to occur in cooler weather. Not entirely sure. I have suspension set to low. Ludicrous mode (have never tried a Ludicrous+ launch). 2019 Raven model. Around 2k miles.

Of course, both days I went to service center to discuss the issue, the car is stone cold silent on acceration. I did capture the sound in a video on my phone. Played it for the service tech. Tesla not interested unless it can be reproduced on the spot.

Anyone else have similar issue?

I am not sure why it is called death rattle that makes it sounds like worst than it is. It does come and go depending on the height of your suspension and it is definitely more in colder weather. Not sure if the new mounts completely fix the issue as people ave reported it comes back after a while it is def worst on the P models.

I am not sure why it is called death rattle that makes it sounds like worst than it is. It does come and go depending on the height of your suspension and it is definitely more in colder weather. Not sure if the new mounts completely fix the issue as people ave reported it comes back after a while it is def worst on the P models.

Agreed, the phrase is dramatic -- but I didn't name it. Just using the established nomenclature.

As stated, I'm only referring to occurrences when suspension is set to low. I do think there may be a relationship to weather. Looking to see if others have had similar experience. Not sure if you're saying you have personally had the issue.

At this point I feel comfortable sitting on it to see if things get worse. Service center won't touch it anyway since I've yet to have the problem when a tech is in car listening for it.

Reactions: MrKool
Maybe it does but a lot of cars seem to have it. Personally, I drove my car for 8 months without getting it fixed and it never got worse. The only reason I got it fixed was cuz I had to take the car in for a windshield replacement and I knew the TSB was out so I figured might as well have it done.