Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone have experience buying a NEMA Adapter from Tesla online shop

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Shop is a mess. Took multiple emails to get an RMA’s on some apparel and after they went back, I’ve only received a refund on one of two items.

I think you just have to keep emailing .... be respectful no matter how frustrated you get.

When I originally ordered the wheel cap / lug nut kit, a 10-30 adapter, and frunk/trunk liners, they all shipped separately and arrived on different days, and the 10-30 took several weeks. I later ordered a 14-30 and got it in a few days.

I have purchase hundreds of items from the Tesla online store over the last almost 6 years. The experience can be ok one time, and horrific the next. I wouldn’t even bother trying to call or write, because they rarely respond. If the part doesn’t arrive within a reasonable time, I just contest the expense through the credit card company. I doubt Tesla even fights (or responds) to those.

I have had them completely lose multi-thousand dollar orders. They are frequently out of stock of different items, sometimes for many months at a time. My order just a few days ago was short one adaptor. Half the order went to my house, and not my business (where it was supposed to go). It’s a total waste of time and effort to call them to correct anything.

Nothing EVER comes as a bundled group. It’s always lose pieces floating all over.

It’s kind of amazing how bad they are.

I ordered a 14-30 adapter over three weeks ago and didn't get any updates on shipping or status until 3 or 4 days ago. By then I had changed my plans and decided to install a 14-50 plug instead so I wanted to cancel my order. They never responded to my cancellation and now that I've finally received the 14-30 adapter in the mail yesterday, I want to return it, but they also have not responded to my return request. Any suggestions on what I should do?

Stumbled onto this thread, and I can share an experience that was not so great but ended to my satisfaction.

I ordered two NEMA 14-30 connectors recently (one to stay with the car and one to stay with a newly installed dedicated 30A circuit. I didn't hear a word for three weeks and no mention of out of stock online that I ever saw. After three weeks I wrote to [email protected]. Maybe coincident, maybe not, but same day I received two e-mails for one connector each, and separate shipping tracking for each. I received them about a week later.

I have an impression that company-wide there is currently something of "service hell" going on.

I ordered a 14-30 adapter over three weeks ago and didn't get any updates on shipping or status until 3 or 4 days ago. By then I had changed my plans and decided to install a 14-50 plug instead so I wanted to cancel my order. They never responded to my cancellation and now that I've finally received the 14-30 adapter in the mail yesterday, I want to return it, but they also have not responded to my return request. Any suggestions on what I should do?

Keep the adapter or sell it. You will waste much more than $35 worth of your time trying to return it.

I've seen these threads before and for one guy they really misplaced his order. Tesla responds "eventually" to emails.

Amazing this is still happening after a year. I've been waiting 17 days for my Nema 14-30 although they charged me as soon as I placed the order.

I ordered mine 10 days ago. It was shipped 9 days ago and it was delivered 4 days ago transcontinental. Same 14-30. Your order is probably misplaced completely.

I ordered two NEMA 14-30 connectors recently (one to stay with the car and one to stay with a newly installed dedicated 30A circuit. I didn't hear a word for three weeks and no mention of out of stock online that I ever saw. After three weeks I wrote to [email protected]. Maybe coincident, maybe not, but same day I received two e-mails for one connector each, and separate shipping tracking for each. I received them about a week later.

Yes, happened to someone else a while back. They marked his order shipped and never shipped it, etc, etc. In the 1-2 weeks it takes to respond, he was on these forums.

CC chargebacks are the way to go. I processed mine last December. I don't think Tesla even bothers to respond to them as the process took the max amount of time. They'll ask what is wrong, you say this company has a return policy and has not responded to my "email" which is their only point of contact. Never heard another word until claim was accepted, though Tesla sent a few messages clueless about the chargeback.

I have ordered 2 key fobs in the last month and both arrived within 2 days.

Needed a NEMA 10-30 but was listed as out of stock online, called my local ServiceCenter and they had one and was able to pick it up there.

I would try going the ServiceCenter route if one is nearby.