Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone have experience with a white Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone,

Since we (at least most of us) still have several months before we get our Model 3s, I was wondering if anyone has a white Tesla Model S and if so, what kinda if white is it? What I mean by that, is it a Porsche/Audi white which I think is a really nice snow white or just a plain jane white that is one any regular car? Sorry if this is not a clear understandable question hoping some of you know what I am talking about. I never considered white, but I saw a white BMW 335 with tinted windows and it really stood out to me and I was just wondering what the Model 3 would like like with that same set up with maybe black powder coated rims.

Thanks In Advance.

They are both beautiful, but I opted for classic white aka 'just plain jane white'. :rolleyes:
I wanted a very clean, crisp, timeless look, and couldn't be happier.

Attachments

• IMG_0174.JPG
    IMG_0174.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_0172.JPG
    IMG_0172.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 188
Reactions: T34ME
NikeWings, i think that is the white that I like...snow or powder white. Looks awesome, do they really not make that anymore? If so, that kinda sucks. Well, I guess, I still have several months to decide on a color.

Are there negatives about having a white car? Like having a black car shows the dirt easily? I would think white would be kinda the same, correct?

Hi Everyone,

Since we (at least most of us) still have several months before we get our Model 3s, I was wondering if anyone has a white Tesla Model S and if so, what kinda if white is it? What I mean by that, is it a Porsche/Audi white which I think is a really nice snow white or just a plain jane white that is one any regular car? Sorry if this is not a clear understandable question hoping some of you know what I am talking about. I never considered white, but I saw a white BMW 335 with tinted windows and it really stood out to me and I was just wondering what the Model 3 would like like with that same set up with maybe black powder coated rims.

Thanks In Advance.
Why not go over to the Pittsburgh Tesla store( @ Ross Park Mall) and see the paint samples for yourself? I love the Pearl White, it's clean & crisp (not champagne-y like some). But your tastes may vary.

NikeWings, i think that is the white that I like...snow or powder white. Looks awesome, do they really not make that anymore? If so, that kinda sucks. Well, I guess, I still have several months to decide on a color.

Are there negatives about having a white car? Like having a black car shows the dirt easily? I would think white would be kinda the same, correct?

It's true, they do not make 'plain Jane white' anymore. I think all whites and silvers are the best at concealing surface dirt. It seems illogical, but most white and silver owners will probably agree. Black is one of the worst, but when clean it's tough for any car to look any better IMO.

You've got time and @bonnie is right, be sure to check out color in person. There may even be color options introduced, not yet available now. Exciting times for you......enjoy the dream!

i just bought plain white, a model s 2014 85mwh. I actually wanted red, ordered a red CPO, but bought a white one locally from a dude. I liked the red much better, but the white is really growing on me. ive had it a couple weeks. at night, or when its overcast or dark, its amazing..
Im happy with my decision.

My wife and I agreed on pearl white, and I think it's a very good version of white - thinking about getting another MS, and having a hard time picking any other color. Looking at other Teslas at the superchargers during our trip yesterday, it seemed the other colors would show any finish defects like scratches more easily.

Hi Everyone,

Thanks In Advance.
I have the pearl white love it and it does not show dirt like a dark color.
Have 3 deposit and it will also be white.

They may bring back he solid white for the M3, but remember that Tesla, being in California, is subject to stricter regulations on paint solvents that they can use. Some formulations just don't work, or are too difficult to work with.

We got Pearl white and love it, but the "refrigerator white" ones are nice, too.

Like my Pappy always said, there's light colored dirt that gets on dark colored cars, and dark colored dirt that gets on light colored cars...

Reactions: melindav
FWIW, other things remaining equal ( they are not) the lighter the color the less susceptible to damage and the less prone to show dirt. Obviously, the more the color replicates the prevailing dirt color in your area, the less dirt shows. Black is the softest paint and white the hardest. Due to the CA environmental rules paints applied in CA are sometimes a bit softer than are others.

The lighter the color the less solar absorption also, so the hotter and sunnier the climate the more one wants a very light color. The colder and overcast the climate the more one prefers dark.

Despite my comments above, choosing the color you like the best is the correct choice. Then, for durability and ease of care, choose a really good detailed to correct the paint and apply protective film. A complete job for an S or X might cost ~US$5,000 but will make care a breeze and vastly reduce road hazards, scratches etc. It is worth the cost. It also will look new for a long, long time and be trivially easy to clean.

As a testimonial, my S was hit at low speed by a Corolla. The Corolla had damage, and my S looked to have damage. It turned out I only needed to replace a small amount of protective film, at minimal cost. YMMV, of course.

Summary: ignore advice and buy the color you like, but protect the paint.

Reactions: melindav