Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone have experience with a white Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone,

Since we (at least most of us) still have several months before we get our Model 3s, I was wondering if anyone has a white Tesla Model S and if so, what kinda if white is it? What I mean by that, is it a Porsche/Audi white which I think is a really nice snow white or just a plain jane white that is one any regular car? Sorry if this is not a clear understandable question hoping some of you know what I am talking about. I never considered white, but I saw a white BMW 335 with tinted windows and it really stood out to me and I was just wondering what the Model 3 would like like with that same set up with maybe black powder coated rims.

Thanks In Advance.
you can't have solid white now.

NikeWings, i think that is the white that I like...snow or powder white. Looks awesome, do they really not make that anymore? If so, that kinda sucks. Well, I guess, I still have several months to decide on a color.

Are there negatives about having a white car? Like having a black car shows the dirt easily? I would think white would be kinda the same, correct?
Absolutly not. The lighter color is (that included white) the best it is. The darker it is and any dirt will look worse. My Tesla is solid white and before that a white Lexus and I loved them both.

I favor the Alpine White that my first race car (VW) came with. It was easy to take care of, didn't show much dirt, and easy to paint match when I had a few incidents.... But my wife doesn't like whites so we will probably go with silver or blue.

I'm not a paint expert, but you need an economics expert to answer pricing questions.

The answer is: People will pay the extra because it's worth it to them, so it's a good idea for a for profit business with a near monopoly on electric cars to charge as much as they can get for color choices, no matter the cost to produce.

If there were other close competitors, prices would be lower somewhat as you could buy a different car if the colors cost too much.

Well, here is the problem. In this case, people are not paying for extra cost colors because it is worth it to them. They are paying for extra cost colors because they HAVE NO CHOICE. Unless you want a black car, and who wants a black car? They show every little speck of dust and dirt and any body dents or dings very easily. Leave the car wash - drive through a cloud of dust from some road construction crew - go back to the car wash. Black cars are that bad about showing dust and dirt!

What justifiable reason can Tesla have to not have a plain white color? Is there a white paint shortage in the world? It is clearly a money grab. I don't like the Pearl White, and I really don't like the large cost of it, plus it is harder for body shops to match the paint in the event of an accident.

Reactions: Chris L and Jayc
Well, here is the problem. In this case, people are not paying for extra cost colors because it is worth it to them. They are paying for extra cost colors because they HAVE NO CHOICE. Unless you want a black car, and who wants a black car? They show every little speck of dust and dirt and any body dents or dings very easily. Leave the car wash - drive through a cloud of dust from some road construction crew - go back to the car wash. Black cars are that bad about showing dust and dirt!

What justifiable reason can Tesla have to not have a plain white color? Is there a white paint shortage in the world? It is clearly a money grab. I don't like the Pearl White, and I really don't like the large cost of it, plus it is harder for body shops to match the paint in the event of an accident.

Lol, how can they FORCE us to drive black cars? Oh the humanity!

Thanks for the chuckle.:rolleyes::eek::D

Heres a photoshoped model 3 in white.
Screen Shot 2017-04-15 at 12.04.11 PM.png

had black on black 5-series for 8yrs - got so tired of seeing every dent, swirl mark every morning and evening when walking out and back into the car. The ultra white (no cost) with black leather interior, black tinted windows & black sunroof - is a great contrast combination that I love. My colleague has the pearl white. The distinction between the two is more apparent during late afternoon/early evening sun giving a bit of depth and shine to the pearl white color - making it look richer. But outside that window, the ultra white (no cost) is brighter and the black & white contract just stands out. some day, I would go for a dark wheel to complete the contrast package.

I put that $1K saving (by going ultra white) on paint protection film for all front bumper & hood, and back bumper. Worth it in my view.

my-tesla.jpg

had black on black 5-series for 8yrs - got so tired of seeing every dent, swirl mark every morning and evening when walking out and back into the car. The ultra white (no cost) with black leather interior, black tinted windows & black sunroof - is a great contrast combination that I love. My colleague has the pearl white. The distinction between the two is more apparent during late afternoon/early evening sun giving a bit of depth and shine to the pearl white color - making it look richer. But outside that window, the ultra white (no cost) is brighter and the black & white contract just stands out. some day, I would go for a dark wheel to complete the contrast package.

I put that $1K saving (by going ultra white) on paint protection film for all front bumper & hood, and back bumper. Worth it in my view.

View attachment 223065

Can I ask why you didn't go for black alloys as well? I know I know individual taste is, by nature, quite personal but I'm trying to see the counter arguments. The only one I can think of is the slight street boy racer car look which might not align well when they see a serious looking family guy with two kids getting out.

On the positive side, those of us on this side of the pond have extra time to get early owner feedback and decide.

@phaduman looks amazing man. This is the look I am wanting. I think I will go with the white interior though. Unfortunately Tesla no longer offers this white anymore. I will also like to get my rims in black, but I will not get them from Tesla is they require the upgraded 20' wheels at a several thousand dollar upgrade. I may just posting-dip them or something to complete the look.

@phaduman looks amazing man. This is the look I am wanting. I think I will go with the white interior though. Unfortunately Tesla no longer offers this white anymore. I will also like to get my rims in black, but I will not get them from Tesla is they require the upgraded 20' wheels at a several thousand dollar upgrade. I may just posting-dip them or something to complete the look.

I wish Tesla offered an 19" OEM dark grey wheel to match the tinting on our white S, but since they don't, I'm looking at these TST wheels

The 21s look nice, but practical concerns eliminate them for me.

One thing that bugs me though - why don't they have mirror image wheels for each side? Seems like one turbine is running forwards, and the other backwards.