Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone have experience with Bridgestone Quiettrack tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm planning on getting these in the fall. What little I've found review-wise has been positive. Plus an 80k mile warranty?!

I put a set of these on yesterday to replace my Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3s and recorded a before and after (same road, same weather conditions and speed (45mph)). These recordings were made on my phone, holding my hand in roughly the same spot for both recordings, but, obviously not at all a scientific comparison.

My conclusion is that they are indeed quieter under these conditions, but, not by a huge margin. I do think, however, that the pitch might be a bit different. As far as handling goes, the tires are still too new to really get a read on them, but, so far I don't notice much of difference which is a good thing. Overall, I'm really pleased with these so far.

Here are the audio recordings so you can see for yourself (note, the Michelins were pretty worn down by this point, so, it's not exactly apples-to-apples):

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.jfoxny.com/Bridgestones.m4a
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.jfoxny.com/Michelins.m4a

Side note: The Michelins lasted 21,726 miles with a total energy rating of 7,515 kWh and an average energy rating of 346 Wh/mi. Your mileage may vary.

Last edited:
I put a set of these on yesterday to replace my Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3s and recorded a before and after (same road, same weather conditions and speed (45mph)). These recordings were made on my phone, holding my hand in roughly the same spot for both recordings, but, obviously not at all a scientific comparison.

My conclusion is that they are indeed quieter under these conditions, but, not by a huge margin. I do think, however, that the pitch might be a bit different. As far as handling goes, the tires are still too new to really get a read on them, but, so far I don't notice much of difference which is a good thing. Overall, I'm really pleased with these so far.

Here are the audio recordings so you can see for yourself (note, the Michelins were pretty worn down by this point, so, it's not exactly apples-to-apples):

Side note: The Michelins lasted 21,726 miles with a total energy rating of 7,515 kWh and an average energy rating of 346 Wh/mi. Your mileage may vary.

Thanks for coming back and posting the information. Appreciate it :)

what were you riding on previously? How does ride and handling compare?
I was running Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires on 21" rims and then switched to Michelin Primacies on the 19" rims due to short tire life on the 21's. In my opinion the Bridgestones are equivalent to the Primacies in every category if not better. I won't compare them to the Super Sports which is an entirely different tire.

Of course new tires will be quieter than a used set. That’s not a fair comparison at all.

Inquired about these tires @ Costco, the tire center person said that if you dont follow the OEM Specs, that is Speed Rating, Load Characteristics, your tier will only have a limited warranty (meaning 80K mileage warranty will not hold). For e.g: The Model S OEM Tires have a Speed Rating W whereas the Bridgestone Quietracks only have a V rating..

• Informative
Reactions: Ken7
I was running Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires on 21" rims and then switched to Michelin Primacies on the 19" rims due to short tire life on the 21's. In my opinion the Bridgestones are equivalent to the Primacies in every category if not better. I won't compare them to the Super Sports which is an entirely different tire.

Thanks for the info! I'm not an aggressive driver and I have always purchased Michelin tires in the past. These Bridgestone's are my first serious consideration of non-Michelin tires. My primary objectives are high mileage and quiet ride. I'm only gonna get around 35,000-40,000 miles out of the Goodyear's that came on my 2018 MS100D. I'd like to get 45,000-50,000 miles out of my next set of tires.

Put a set on today and I can confirm that they are really quiet. So far so good.

R U still happy with the Quiettracks?? I need new tires on my 2018 MS100D and I’m considering them. Got a quote of $1252 at Costco. Have only purchased Michelin’s for a very long time, so a little nervous about switching to Bridgestone. Thanks for your help.
Yes! Still very satisfied, they have been great tires so far.

Great, thanks!

Yes! Still very satisfied, they have been great tires so far.

Now that you've had them a bit, any noticeable efficiency hit as they're not low rolling resistance tires? These are #1 on my tire replacement list for my Model 3, but I haven't seen much information on their efficiency yet. I know they'll weigh about 5lbs more each than my current tire, but that's about it.

Now that you've had them a bit, any noticeable efficiency hit as they're not low rolling resistance tires? These are #1 on my tire replacement list for my Model 3, but I haven't seen much information on their efficiency yet. I know they'll weigh about 5lbs more each than my current tire, but that's about it.

I put the QuietTracks on my 2018 MS 100D a couple months ago and I immediately noticed a significant increase in my wh/mi. I told the manager at Costco and he said I had 30 days to return them if I was unhappy. I stayed with them for 3 weeks (1800 miles) just to make sure it wasn't a short term issue. It did not improve, so I took them back to Costco. They gave me full credit for the Bridgestones and installed Michelins. I thought the QuietTracks were great in every way, except efficiency. That's a big deal to me. It caused me to make an extra charging stop each way on my trips to Nashville TN. I've put 1,800 miles on the new Michelins and my wh/mi have gone down dramatically. With my original OEM Goodyear's I averaged 303 wh/mi. With the QuietTracks I averaged 339 wh/mi. With the Michelins, so far I'm averaging 275 wh/mi. With all 3 tires I kept the inflation between 45-50 psi. I don't drive aggressively and only rarely "get on it". My experience may not be typical, but it is what it is.

Which Michelin tires did you replace the QuietTracks with?

I installed Michelin Energy (not Energy Saver) tires. I searched on Tire Rack and it was one of the options they offered for my 2018 MS 100D. However, if you go onto the MichelinMan website and search for tires for my car, it doesn’t list the Energy tire as one of the recommended tires. Only one of their recommended tires listed energy efficiency as a feature. I believe that their most efficient tire is the Energy Saver, but it’s not available in a size for the Model S.

I put the QuietTracks on my 2018 MS 100D a couple months ago and I immediately noticed a significant increase in my wh/mi. I told the manager at Costco and he said I had 30 days to return them if I was unhappy. I stayed with them for 3 weeks (1800 miles) just to make sure it wasn't a short term issue. It did not improve, so I took them back to Costco. They gave me full credit for the Bridgestones and installed Michelins. I thought the QuietTracks were great in every way, except efficiency. That's a big deal to me. It caused me to make an extra charging stop each way on my trips to Nashville TN. I've put 1,800 miles on the new Michelins and my wh/mi have gone down dramatically. With my original OEM Goodyear's I averaged 303 wh/mi. With the QuietTracks I averaged 339 wh/mi. With the Michelins, so far I'm averaging 275 wh/mi. With all 3 tires I kept the inflation between 45-50 psi. I don't drive aggressively and only rarely "get on it". My experience may not be typical, but it is what it is.

This is the information I needed right here, thanks! I loved all of the aspects of these tires but there wasn't much information on efficiency yet. Your data proves my theory they'd not have good efficiency due to not being LRR tires. I have a bit still before my car needs tires (I have a LR RWD Model 3 and the stock 19" tires look nearly new at 17k miles) so I am going to watch the reviews of the new Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus II and hope they review well. They're LRR so I'm hopeful.

This is the information I needed right here, thanks! I loved all of the aspects of these tires but there wasn't much information on efficiency yet. Your data proves my theory they'd not have good efficiency due to not being LRR tires. I have a bit still before my car needs tires (I have a LR RWD Model 3 and the stock 19" tires look nearly new at 17k miles) so I am going to watch the reviews of the new Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus II and hope they review well. They're LRR so I'm hopeful.

Man I was about to pull the trigger on the Quiettracks and now im back in decision limbo. Losing that much efficiency is a hard pill to swallow honestly. I'm going to look into the Pirelli Cinturato's, do you know what Michelin's he's talking about?

Reactions: Dre78