Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone have experience with Bridgestone Quiettrack tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Man I was about to pull the trigger on the Quiettracks and now im back in decision limbo. Losing that much efficiency is a hard pill to swallow honestly. I'm going to look into the Pirelli Cinturato's, do you know what Michelin's he's talking about?
I installed the Michelin "Energy" tires. Not the "Energy Saver". I've been very happy with them. I have 28,000 miles on them now and they are wearing very well. I expect to get 50,000 miles, which is what I had hoped for.,

I put a set of these on yesterday to replace my Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3s and recorded a before and after (same road, same weather conditions and speed (45mph)). These recordings were made on my phone, holding my hand in roughly the same spot for both recordings, but, obviously not at all a scientific comparison.

My conclusion is that they are indeed quieter under these conditions, but, not by a huge margin. I do think, however, that the pitch might be a bit different. As far as handling goes, the tires are still too new to really get a read on them, but, so far I don't notice much of difference which is a good thing. Overall, I'm really pleased with these so far.

Here are the audio recordings so you can see for yourself (note, the Michelins were pretty worn down by this point, so, it's not exactly apples-to-apples):

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.jfoxny.com/Bridgestones.m4a
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.jfoxny.com/Michelins.m4a

Side note: The Michelins lasted 21,726 miles with a total energy rating of 7,515 kWh and an average energy rating of 346 Wh/mi. Your mileage may vary.
Hi jfoxny,
I am about to make a purchase on the quiettrack for my MS. Have you seen any problem so far? How is the efficiency of the tires? Are you getting reasonable kW/mi?

Got Qiettrack on my Model 3, so far ~~ 6000 miles. About same efficiency as the original Michelins that came with the car. I had another set of tires inbetween that gave me about a 5% lower efficiency.
The most striking thing about them is how much quieter they are. My Model 3 is an early one that has really bad road noise insulation. It sounds like the car has 4 very bad wheel bearings. It was so bad with the original tires that I put lots of noise insulation all over, inside and out until I could bare to drive it any long distance. It still was rumbling very loudly if the road surface was not perfect.
With the Quiettracks I can now drive longer distances without risking a headache and discovered that I can drive with the windows open - which was way too loud with the other tires. I would say they are a great bit quieter than any other tire. I would consider my car still noisy, but bearable.

This is a model S forum but I have them on my Model 3 Long Range RWD, 19". Efficiency took a hit with consumption increasing from 258 wH/mi to 272. Thats 5% increase after 7000 miles. When they were new, consumption was up to 285 wh/mi which was a whopping 10% increase!

Noise increased from The factory 235/40-19" tires which are Continental Pro Contact RX with the foam inserts. The Quiettrack is also stiffer so I had to lower the pressure to 38/39 psi, but is still much stiffer than factory. Problem with those lower pressures, you get tire pressure warning on cold days. The tracking on grooved freeways was really bad when when they were new, but has improved with time, but this tire is a downgrade from the factory Continental's.

The 235/40-19 are also used on some Accords and Camrys. Maybe it works great on those lighter cars with softer suspension but on the heavy Model 3 with no air suspension, these tires are horrible.

Not recommended!

That’s exactly what I experienced when I went from factory Goodyear’s to QuieTracks: Significant drop in efficiency! Costco allowed me to return them . After replacing with Michelin’s, efficiency went up significantly.
FWIW, after 5 sets of tires on my Model S, I always notice significantly higher consumption with a new set that gradually comes down over their lifetime as they wear.

For example, with the OEM Michelin MXM4s, I see as high as 330wh/mi for the first several weeks as they break in. By the time they’re completely worn, I can cruise around at 280wh/mi on the same trips. Average has been about 305 wh/mi over the lifetime of the tires.

Anyway. Just a word of caution when gauging efficiency on a brand new set (particularly when directly comparing to the old/worn set you just took off).

Reactions: dcdttu
I wish your valuable replies came sooner. Unfortunately, I went ahead and got the Quiettrack tires. The efficiency dropped quite a lot (from may be 290Wh/mi city to 320+). I expected this because they are new but what I cannot tolerate is the noise and stiffness.

Update: I just spoke with America's tire, they can swap them with Michelin MXM4 tires (no foam) for $280 total. My previous set prior to Quiettrack was the stock Dunlop Eagle. They are some positive and negative reviews on the MXM4 so I am still considering. What do you guys think? Should I go with the Michelin or let the Quiettrack breakin more?

I just got my second nail in the front passenger tire in three months and when I had the first repaired at Tesla in late feb., they noted that my front tires are at tread level 4 and I should consider replacing them. (Rears are at 7). I just looked up when I got my 19” Quietracks… May 20, 2020. I have (due to pandemic remote life) only put 9750 miles on the car since they were installed. They were supposed to have some 80k mile warranty. I am blown away by the complete inefficiency. Anyone else have this issue? I got them at Costco but I’m not sure I retained all the warranty paperwork as I normally just get service at Tesla locally.

I bought four Bridgestone Quietracks at Americas Tire shop and have 20,000 miles on my set. I predict I'll get 40,000 miles of life out of them. My Quietrack choice was made largely because of the (no way they will make) 80,000 mile warranty.
Doesn't Costco record vehicle mileage at time of purchase? Let us know how your warranty claim goes, pro rated zinger or (if lucky) no cost replacement.

I just got my second nail in the front passenger tire in three months and when I had the first repaired at Tesla in late feb., they noted that my front tires are at tread level 4 and I should consider replacing them. (Rears are at 7). I just looked up when I got my 19” Quietracks… May 20, 2020. I have (due to pandemic remote life) only put 9750 miles on the car since they were installed. They were supposed to have some 80k mile warranty. I am blown away by the complete inefficiency. Anyone else have this issue? I got them at Costco but I’m not sure I retained all the warranty paperwork as I normally just get service at Tesla locally.
I bought 4 QuietTracks at Costco. They gave me a 30-day return guarantee. I was not happy with the QuietTracks due to inefficiency, so I returned them after 3 weeks for a full refund, and purchased a set of Michelin Energy tires. I've been very happy with them and now have 48,000 miles on them. Costco did right by me.

I bought 4 QuietTracks at Costco. They gave me a 30-day return guarantee. I was not happy with the QuietTracks due to inefficiency, so I returned them after 3 weeks for a full refund, and purchased a set of Michelin Energy tires. I've been very happy with them and now have 48,000 miles on them. Costco did right by me.

Model 3 owner here. I have the 235/40-19s on my Model 3 Long Range. I've put about 16k miles on them. I absolute hate these tires. The efficiency is quite poor. I was averaging .259 kWh / mi over 40k miles on the original OEM Conti Pro RX tires. After installation, the efficiency has increased to .279 kWh/mi. that's a 7% change!

The ride is stiff and harsh and was jittery for the first 2,000 miles or so before the tires settled in. The tires are also significantly louder than the factory tires. I bought them at America's Tire Depot so I don't have much recourse.

I'm going to let these tires go for another year, then switch.

R U still happy with the Quiettracks?? I need new tires on my 2018 MS100D and I’m considering them. Got a quote of $1252 at Costco. Have only purchased Michelin’s for a very long time, so a little nervous about switching to Bridgestone. Thanks for your help.
How is your efficient. I just got them and efficiency seems to have dropped. Gonna play with air pressure and see.