Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone have experience with Pomona body shop?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got into a collision and trying to make an appointment to get the damages fixed. The earliest appointment is 1/31/19. Trying to figure out if I should just find another place.

I mostly want to know the quality of their work.

Also they don’t even have a direct number!

I have an appointment in Pomona right after Christmas, so II' soon to find out. Given they are one of only two heavy collsion Tesla body shops in the country, they should be as good as it gets.

Tire shop misplaced floor jack on rear passenger side and my car slipped off. Going to be expensive for their insurance, and I want it done right and back to perfection, so I'm driving in from out of state to have Tesla repair it.

I have an appointment in Pomona right after Christmas, so II' soon to find out. Given they are one of only two heavy collsion Tesla body shops in the country, they should be as good as it gets.

Tire shop misplaced floor jack on rear passenger side and my car slipped off. Going to be expensive for their insurance, and I want it done right and back to perfection, so I'm driving in from out of state to have Tesla repair it.
Please update us on how it goes! Good luck. Which state are you driving from?

Thanks, I'll let y'all know. I'll be driving from CO. They called me today to let me know that they don't provide loaner cars. I plan on leaving it there and going back home, then returning to get it when it's done.

Just had them fix a small bumper issue and they're working on my tires right now. I have more trust in the Pomona shop right now than the Buena Park shop. I feel like there is a bigger car DIY culture the Inland valley area than the OC so might have picked up some talent from this area.

Just had them fix a small bumper issue and they're working on my tires right now. I have more trust in the Pomona shop right now than the Buena Park shop. I feel like there is a bigger car DIY culture the Inland valley area than the OC so might have picked up some talent from this area.
Yes, Buena Park did not impress me either. Please let us know how it goes when you get your car back!

Through my own fault, I got a ding the size of a dime on my S100D rear hatch just above the "T" badging. So I took it to Pomona, at least to get a quote. I had no referrals. Guy came out with a clipboard, made some notes and said he would shoot an email quote to me by end of day. He originally estimated $850, as they repaint and clearcoat the entire hatch, no touch-up job. They don't reuse badging. It all comes off and all new goes back on. The car would be down for three days. I almost took the car to Caliber but figured I might just get a better job done by Tesla. What are you going to do?

I left the car with them and it was ready the evening of the third day. I couldn't tell there was ever any damage (the ding went down to bare metal) and the paint match was perfect (I checked it both in the shade and direct sun). Bill was $650, labor rate is $56/hour. Can't wrap the hatch for six weeks. So I was quite pleased with the job, even though it was only a small ding. I was more worried about the paint job.

Reactions: Roentgen
Also, the facility is fairly new. The customer waiting area isn't much better than a police station interrogation room. Had a couple sofas and a table. No vending machine, no magazines or newspapers, no coffee just sit and play with WiFi. You need to sign in when entering the large building, which has a rent-a-guard and sign-in log. The site is also used to refurbish trade-ins. The body shop guy said they three older roadsters in for battery pack upgrades but didn't know what the size of the new packs would be.

Hi, anyone else have experience with the Pomona body shop?
I need a rear quarterpanel replaced - my experience with Tesla approved independent shops is that they view insurance repairs on Teslas as a gouging opportunity - got an estimate for $17K for the rear quarterpanel replacement. Hoping that Tesla is not like that (even though I'm not paying and it's another party's insurance, just seems inappropriate to collect 17k for that repair).. comments? experiences in Pomona?

Our 2015 Model S P85D got rear ended in December. The 3 "Tesla Certified Body Shops" I contacted were booked 6 to 12 weeks out... and estimated the repairs would take 3 weeks "because of Tesla parts availability", having to get our AP1 "recalibrated" by Tesla Service Center. They also ALL advised me their estimates would NOT cover any repair "supplements"... and I would have to pay for those out of pocket since the guy who hit us had State Farm who was notorious for denying their repair "supplements". YIKES

I took my Tesla to Tesla's Pomona Body Shop and Josh Enriquez gave me an estimate and guaranteed I wouldn't be responsible for ANY repair "supplements"... and would have my Tesla complete in 4 business days. WOW. I booked the next available body shop appointment, dropped my car off, and sure enough it was done to perfection in 4 business days with State Farm paying the entire bill including a repair "supplement".

AMAZING

Here is Josh's contact info:

Josh Enriquez | Collision Repair Estimator
3880 W. Valley Blvd, Pomona, CA 91789
m. (310) 365-0064 | [email protected]

Compare that to my experience of getting my front bumper repainted by a reputable independent body shop 11 months ago. They did a marginal paint job, admitting they didn't remove the bumper "because it had sensors in it" (DUH) which was contrary to what I was told. The day I got it back AutoPilot stopped working so I took it to the Tesla Service Center in Pomona. They confirmed the front radar had been tweaked apparently when the body shop had tried partially remove the bumper they changed their mind. OUCH

AbSoFreakinLutely the only place I'll take our Tesla is Tesla's own "in house" corporate owned and run collision repair center. IMHO the independent "Tesla Certified Body Shops" are like auto Stealerships. Prepare to be fleeced.

I agree with this. When I needed a windshield replacement, I took my Model 3 to Tesla's Van Nuys service center and it was great!

When the front of my Model 3 was smashed by a Model X parking, I took it to the Pomona Body Shop and Josh was amazing. He made sure AAA paid up for any supplements and guided me on what to do for a rental. Tesla ended up paying for my Lyft to work and even let me keep a replaced wheel!

When my Model 3 got rear ended, I went to the Pomona Body Shop again and service was once again excellent. Car came out in great condition, only this time the other person's Geico policy refused to pay for the broken rear windshield, which Tesla Van Nuys Service Center gladly replaced for free.

Neighbor's tree fell on my Model 3. (Don't ask. Grrrrrr.) Extensive roof and windshield damage.

Sent an e-mail and left voicemail for Josh Enriquez above, but no response and was routed to general Tesla Pomona Body Shop voicemail. Possibly Josh is no longer at the location. Any chance that anyone has contact info for another excellent Collision Repair Estimator in Pomona? Thank you in advance.