Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone have experience with this rear seat cup holder console?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Thinking about getting it. At under $200 this is a much more reasonable price compared to the other powered ones that i've seen. I am still otherwise (or in addition) considering just getting this: Tesla Cup Holders (Combo 2)

Car didn’t come with any in the back. My friends didn’t have any to work with last trip. It’s a flat (curved) panel. I guess car is from before they added it (but post facelift). Pretty sure it doesn’t have a cup holder hidden inside

even if the console has a power cord I could hide it under the floor mat. But yeah the plastic ones would provide for plenty utility so I doubt I’d get the first one, it’d clash with the tan leather… but not that much since there’s plenty of black in the interior anyway. The lights and USB would be sweet, and it straps down which is good, but may be a pain to remove in order to allow having 3 people back there.

Last edited:
Reactions: DerbyDave
I don't want to get the cheap plastic cup holders because it completely blocks the rear air vents... I guess I could keep the velcro in place and just have it in the trunk, to break out only when cup holders are needed, but this is not ideal.

I don't want to get the cheap plastic cup holders because it completely blocks the rear air vents... I guess I could keep the velcro in place and just have it in the trunk, to break out only when cup holders are needed, but this is not ideal.
What cheap plastic cup holders are you talking about? I've yet to see a rear cup holder that completely blocks the rear air vents

The second link in my original post
Oh, now I see. That 3D printed one that I described earlier is basically that but you can make it yourself for pennies on the dollar if you or somebody you know has a 3D printer. I've got that in two of my cars and it works perfectly for a few bucks worth a filament. It would have cost me over $70 after shipping and tax to buy two of those that you linked to.

Haha, that looks jank as hell but just might be the ticket for me! Putting my printer to good use.
I would recommend using black twist ties to connect the three pieces. It'll make more sense once you print it out. The first time I used a paper clip which is a good solid fit but looks awful. The other one I had the idea to just use a black twist tie and snip the ends after I twisted it and it actually looks far better. I think the idea is that once it's printed you sand it down and paint it to look more finished but I didn't bother.

I think either way it looks a little goofy so a coat of paint isn't really going to fix that and could potentially start flaking or having other issues down the road. That and I'm just lazy. At some point I may pop them out sand down and give them a quick shot of krylon flat black or something similar.

Function over form. They work fantastically. I can pop the little cup holders out and even put one of the big 30 oz tumblers in and they ride just fine.

Wonderful. The ability to pop out and put a larger cup is great, I wonder if it’ll be strong enough for that much liquid but I could easily reinforce the 3D model myself if necessary. PLA is what you used, I’m assuming?
I've had a couple of 30oz tumblers full of water in it for hours w/o issue. It will flex some but doesn't seem like it's stressing it at all.

PETG since it handles heat better.