Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone have instructions for re installing version 3 of tesla app on iOS?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't suppose anyone could tell us how to install version 3-whatever now that version 4 has been released? Don't like the new app, want the old one back, but Apple makes re-installing older versions near impossible. :mad:

(Have old device with v3 app still installed, in case the .ipa can somehow be copied over. I tried AnyTrans to extract it, copied to new device with iTunes, but it won't open, black app window just pops up and then slides off the bottom of the screen).

Ta!

You should be able to install the IPA using Apple Configurator 2, which is available on the Apple Store on the Mac. Be aware though that a couple years ago (around the time the App Store was removed from iTunes) they changed app installations so that they only downloaded assets required for the device it was being installed on. An IPA pulled from one device might be missing icons and other assets for the device you're trying to install it to.

Don't suppose anyone could tell us how to install version 3-whatever now that version 4 has been released? Don't like the new app, want the old one back, but Apple makes re-installing older versions near impossible. :mad:

(Have old device with v3 app still installed, in case the .ipa can somehow be copied over. I tried AnyTrans to extract it, copied to new device with iTunes, but it won't open, black app window just pops up and then slides off the bottom of the screen).

Ta!

Like you, I didn't like v4.x and tried to hold on to v3 as long as I could. The live sentry camera feature finally swayed me to upgrade to v4.x. I still don't like it, because its overall appearance looks fuzzier to me than v3, and there's no way (at least I haven't found one) to tell if the car is 'asleep' (with v3, the app would show 'waking up', and the widget would show 'asleep').