Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone have issue with Tesla App not displaying home usage/grid export data?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In my Tesla app I only see two options, Energy and Support. I can only see the energy generated and I have no data on home usage or grid export.

I have called Solar support their rep told me they will "activate" it on their end and it will show up in 48hours but its been way past that and nothing has changed. I have logged into the inverter but the site meter shows "not configured". I know the technician installed two neurio systems and told me to turn both breakers on when PTO is approved. Has anyone had the same issue? And how did they resolve it?

Do you have powerwalls or solar only? If solar only who installed it? If Tesla installed it, did they tell you specifically you would see consumption data (what you are asking about)?
Sorry I didn't mention it before. I have solar only no pw. It was installed by Tesla. The technician gave me a quick walkthrough on what to turn on after he had finished with the installation. He basically said these two breakers are for the two neurio system for the two inverters. It tracks the meter for usage and the grid which can be displayed in the app.

My problem is within the Tesla app all I see is solar generation. I don't see home usage or grid. The support that I spoke to said they will turn it on from their end after I send them a copy of the PTO from my utility. Its been a while and nothing has changed in the Tesla app.

I have attached two photos to show where my problem is. One of them is basically how my neighbor's app looks like. The other one is mine. I'm missing all the Home, Grid, Impact information.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-10-22 at 5.01.32 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-10-22 at 5.01.32 PM.png
    682.2 KB · Views: 940
  • Screen Shot 2022-10-22 at 5.01.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-10-22 at 5.01.22 PM.png
    584.7 KB · Views: 514
If you are sure that you turned on the breakers for the Neurio, this is likely not something you can do anything about yourself. Tesla has to configure your app to show consumption on the back end, provided you have the neurio device that is capturing it.

Note that at least previously, not everyone got neurio devices to see consumption if they didnt have powerwalls. It sounds like you believe you have this, so I would verify with tesla and ask them when they will enable it if so.

If you are sure that you turned on the breakers for the Neurio, this is likely not something you can do anything about yourself. Tesla has to configure your app to show consumption on the back end, provided you have the neurio device that is capturing it.

Note that at least previously, not everyone got neurio devices to see consumption if they didnt have powerwalls. It sounds like you believe you have this, so I would verify with tesla and ask them when they will enable it if so.
Thanks I will give Tesla Solar another call.

I wonder if all this is based on some Tesla server.

Whats happening with @skepticcyclist is likely not related to whats going on with you, though. I mean, we dont know, but...

1. @skepticcyclist has powerwalls, and you dont
2. @skepticcyclist system has been working for quite a long time, and displaying proper data for them for quite a long time. Their PTO was a long time ago.
3. Based on what you have posted, you either dont have PTO, or just recently got PTO.

@skepticcyclist and your issues are both likely related to some back end server / process, but the things are probably not connected.

Reactions: bmah
I am having the exact same issue as the original poster. I've called support today (13Jan23) and they said they reset or reboot my interter/system and that i should wait at least 24-48 hours and hopefully i should be able to see house consumption as well as grid. As of now, i only see generating power going to the inverter. Will report back in 48 hrs or so. Thanks.

In my Tesla app I only see two options, Energy and Support. I can only see the energy generated and I have no data on home usage or grid export.

I have called Solar support their rep told me they will "activate" it on their end and it will show up in 48hours but its been way past that and nothing has changed. I have logged into the inverter but the site meter shows "not configured". I know the technician installed two neurio systems and told me to turn both breakers on when PTO is approved. Has anyone had the same issue? And how did they resolve it?
Hi,
Were you able to resolve your issue? I am having the exact same issue as you. Just installed my system last month and received PTO on 3Jan23, but so far all I can see is power generated to the inverter and that's it. And no Impact/Settings features available either.

I have exactly the same issue and called Tesla. They told me that there is typo in the system that caused my problem. That is very surprising as there is no any verification step to prevent this for such a well-established company. I am still waiting for their solution.

Attachments

• WeChat Image_20230515012335.jpg
    WeChat Image_20230515012335.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 203
  • 2023-05-11 11.05.40.jpg
    2023-05-11 11.05.40.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 333