Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone have issue with Tesla App not displaying home usage/grid export data?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have exactly the same issue and called Tesla. They told me that there is typo in the system that caused my problem. That is very surprising as there is no any verification step to prevent this for such a well-established company. I am still waiting for their solution.
Hi, I just got PTO lats week and sim c rthen the generation has been pretty good. But my Tesla app only shows 2 options, energy and support. When I click it n energy it shows the power generating only. No Home or Grid icons or any other information. Contacted Tesla and they made me turned off the Newrio and restart it. Told after 48 hrs it should show, but so far nothing, it's been 72 hrs. Tried restarting the solar panels, reloading I to the app, reinstalled the app, so exhausted all options that I know.
Does anyone have solution to this?

Yay! I'm not alone in this! I got my solar installed 6/12 and saw everything perfectly (solar panels, home, and grid). Then all of a sudden on 6/20 the grid portion disappeared. I figured it was because they sent in the PTO request and we were waiting for it. The PTO came 6/23. I called Tesla 6/26 trying to explain this and the woman I talked to said all the hardware looked fine and that it wasn't a Tesla issue, so it had to be my energy company's problem. 🤦‍♀️ It was obviously a problem before anything even hit my meter, but she refused to help until after I contacted my energy company. She said she would eat crow if she was wrong and it was a Tesla issue. Guess what I'm going to have her eat?! 😆 My theory (that I tried to explain to her) is that it was either something related to the CT connections or something on their end (software wise) wasn't done right. I told her straight up it wasn't an inverter or panel issue and she even saw that Tesla wasn't showing the grid portion. 🙄 So now I have to wait for the confirmation from my energy company's solar group to prove to Tesla that it's their issue. Ugh!

Reactions: jgleigh
Soni called the energy department at Tesla and talked dto this lady, who was very patient and nice to explain what she thought was the issue. She said that it takes 4-5 weeks before all the data starts to show up on the Tesla app. And it was no problem with the app or the inverter.
My inverter generation is solid, averages 50kwh/day.
I don't know if she is right at this point., But I have 2 more weeks to wait out and then call them again.
Fundamentally Tesla App has a flaw in the setup of the inverter. It's very flaky and does not work.
I created a new account of Tesla and tried adding this inverter and it gets stuck at the Select Wi-Fi network stage and it cannot show the available networks. I tried it on both Android and iOS.
I wish Tesla had tested this app thoroughly before going to production.

The culprit turned out to be that the Tesla people forgot to turn on the switch of the circuit breaker labeled. Once that was turned on, the App issue went away. The Tesla customer service through the phone was cmpletely misleading me.

Attachments

• after subpanel.jpg
    after subpanel.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 77