Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone have issues with the Brica Munchkin Seat Guardian and the ultrawhite seats?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Getting delivery of white on white MX soon. Have two forward facing car seats and booster seat to place in second row of the new fold flat seven seater. Looking at the Brica Munchkin Seat Guardian to protect the seats under those car seats and booster. Kids eat and drink in the car all the time. Just wondering if anyone have had good or bad reviews of that particular seat protector such as color staining on the ultra white seats or difficulty installing, etc.

I haven't had any issues so far in my 6 seater X. You'll have more problems finding a carseat that works well in the X. Since the headrest is not removable in the X rear seats, the tether strap will probably need to go over the headrest or around it. So far I've found that my Diono Rainier car seat works best in the X but I only have the Diono and Maxi Cosi Pria 85 to test with... The Maxi Cosi didn't leave much leg room in front of it...

So far I've found that my Diono Rainier car seat works best in the X...
You can front-face the Rainier successfully in the 2nd row seats? I tried our RXT and because of the relative shapes of the car and child seats it just didn't work... I had to use a Britax convertible booster we had floating around. But now I'm in the market for a new carseat because the X + Britax were in an accident, and I'd love to stick with Diono if the installation can be made to work...

I haven't had any issues so far in my 6 seater X. You'll have more problems finding a carseat that works well in the X. Since the headrest is not removable in the X rear seats, the tether strap will probably need to go over the headrest or around it. So far I've found that my Diono Rainier car seat works best in the X but I only have the Diono and Maxi Cosi Pria 85 to test with... The Maxi Cosi didn't leave much leg room in front of it...

Just for the record, all approved methods for mounting car seats with tether straps have the tether going to the side of the headrest, with exception of center seat in monopost configuration. In all other configurations the tether goes to the side but Tesla specifies a particular side of the seat (on side of seat belt or opposite) which is different for bench vs monopost.

Just for the record, all approved methods for mounting car seats with tether straps have the tether going to the side of the headrest, with exception of center seat in monopost configuration. In all other configurations the tether goes to the side but Tesla specifies a particular side of the seat (on side of seat belt or opposite) which is different for bench vs monopost.

Right, I did not know about going to the side of the headrest at the time I wrote from before. I have mine going to the seatbelt side of the seat in my 6 seat config.

And to the above member who asked, yes the Rainier has worked best for me in front facing so far. I can also confirm that the Nuna Pipa works well but not behind the driver seat (for me) since it would not give me enough room to sit comfortably in the drivers seat. So far I have a Diono Rainier behind the driver seat and Nuna Pipa begins the passenger side in my 6 seater X.

If there are any other front facing seats that work well, let me know!