Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone have RV Fridge/Freezer in new smaller Frunk?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you don't find one that meets the frunk needs, we use a portable wheeled cooler that is too tall for the frunk (and I don't really want to splice 12V wires) so we carry it in the back seat, where its 12V plug has plenty of room to reach the receptacle in front. It's actually too tall for even the rear trunk with the package shelf installed. It has the advantage of easily taking it into a hotel room and plugging in to a normal circuit overnight. However, no freezer.

I doubt there is enough air space in there for one to work. It requires moving the heat out of the box and having a heat exchange with the air outside the box, then that air being carried away and replaced by cooler air. The small, sealed (somewhat) area of the small frunk would just heat the air around the box and then cease to be able to cool.

I doubt there is enough air space in there for one to work. It requires moving the heat out of the box and having a heat exchange with the air outside the box, then that air being carried away and replaced by cooler air. The small, sealed (somewhat) area of the small frunk would just heat the air around the box and then cease to be able to cool.

Your right, didnt think of that

IMO, the best way for this to be done is for Tesla (or an aftermarket company) to offer an option for an expandable (collapse when you don't need all of it's capacity) refrigerator/ice box in one of the trunks.

It would be plumbed into the cars existing A/C refrigerant lines. With the huge main battery in the car, it could even run when the car's off, when needed. Great for those frozen items from Costco or the market that may need to sit in a hot car for many hours. No need to rush home!

IMO, the best way for this to be done is for Tesla (or an aftermarket company) to offer an option for an expandable (collapse when you don't need all of it's capacity) refrigerator/ice box in one of the trunks.

It would be plumbed into the cars existing A/C refrigerant lines. With the huge main battery in the car, it could even run when the car's off, when needed. Great for those frozen items from Costco or the market that may need to sit in a hot car for many hours. No need to rush home!

Exactly why I want one, Now im thinking of one that can be stored in frunk when not in use and pulled out and placed in vehicle when needed.