Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone have these Rear Window Sunshades?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been looking for an alternative to tinting my windows, and found these on Ebay.

Want to know whether any TMC members have these or something similar? I’m curious about their quality, fit, and finish before I purchase them.

These are the photos the seller sent me:

0E6E67C3-F56D-4C11-8F11-E5B30994780E.jpeg
B326ABFA-4B8F-408D-A66C-DE5817110178.jpeg
5A540C41-9BC4-4D1E-80EC-93D8E0E3043E.jpeg
36D110D6-F23A-4ED1-922A-0EABC6600E4F.jpeg

• Disagree
Reactions: Watts_Up
Holy cow that's expensive! It should be similar material to the roof screen. Usually, the window is friction-fit, like the roof screens are, but since the Model 3 has frameless windows, if you open a window, out goes the screen! The solution apparently is the rollup bottom with the hook on top. Sort of like the rollup feature some cars have. My old 2001 BMW 330xi had the rollup screens on the rear windows. $300 option.

Might be worth considering if it fit better.

Holy cow that's expensive! It should be similar material to the roof screen. Usually, the window is friction-fit, like the roof screens are, but since the Model 3 has frameless windows, if you open a window, out goes the screen! The solution apparently is the rollup bottom with the hook on top. Sort of like the rollup feature some cars have. My old 2001 BMW 330xi had the rollup screens on the rear windows. $300 option.

Might be worth considering if it fit better.
Right. My previous car was a Mercedes C300, and because they were not frameless doors, I was able to find some really nice aftermarket shades that held themselves in place inside the window frame. While I like that these go up/down with the window, the distance between the clip/shade/top of the glass just seem too far apart than they should be. Shades like this are not uncommon in OEM applications in (like your BMW) German cars, and even minivans. While some of the pics that the eBay seller sent me make the shades look good, one of the others makes it look flimsy

Tint it first and then see if you need shades still. Your best bet film wise is Spectra Photosync if you're looking for maximum interior comfort. Highly recommended you tint every window including the sunroof above your head and the front windshield--that's the only way we stand a chance against the blistering heat here in Texas.

Try to find a local dealer in your area to learn more.