Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone have this issue with NikolaPro chrome delete?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curious to see what your guys look like. Any ideas on how to fix this issue? I have the second pair they give you and are going to try doing it again but want to see what the consensus was with other DIYers

Attachments

• EY4bbydXQAAgxxS.jpg
    EY4bbydXQAAgxxS.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 159
  • EY4bbyfXYAcfLHP.jpg
    EY4bbyfXYAcfLHP.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 130
  • EY4bbygWsAQeQc_.jpg
    EY4bbygWsAQeQc_.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 123
  • EY4bVFIWoAIfN8Q.jpg
    EY4bVFIWoAIfN8Q.jpg
    364.9 KB · Views: 118
  • EY4bVFJWkAYt5La.jpg
    EY4bVFJWkAYt5La.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 118
  • EY4bVFJXQAApRPv.jpg
    EY4bVFJXQAApRPv.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 113
  • EY4bVFLXsAE18bZ.jpg
    EY4bVFLXsAE18bZ.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 140
  • Informative
Reactions: fseir
My only recommendation as I had a few like this. Don’t stretch the vinyl. As soon as you have too much excess vinyl where the relief cuts are, when you fold over the relief, it won’t sit right if the relief cuts are not bang on the length they should be.

also, if you didn’t use the heat gun, that could have helped soften the edges slightly.

Reactions: lUtriaNt
My only recommendation as I had a few like this. Don’t stretch the vinyl. As soon as you have too much excess vinyl where the relief cuts are, when you fold over the relief, it won’t sit right if the relief cuts are not bang on the length they should be.

also, if you didn’t use the heat gun, that could have helped soften the edges slightly.

Good idea. Is yours completely smooth? Do you have any pics of yours?

Yours looks better than mine. But I barely notice anymore and it's still a hell of a lot cheaper than what I was quoted ($550/$850/$1080)

$1200 here. I laughed at the kid and said it was a sticker. He said they use the highest quality 3m. I said im sorry but I'm not interested at that price.

I thought I'd mess the kit up honestly but for $130 it was worth a try. This kit took me 3hrs and looks great. I still have a whole second set.

I dropped the Tesla hood symbol on the floor though so lost one of those to dirt. Meh..

I have the same problem as well but I don't notice it. I do though have one that bubbled after 1 month. I have to redo that good thing there are 2 of everything as some mirror parts I had to do twice. The video's were great but I wish at times it was a little bit more specific.

$1200 here. I laughed at the kid and said it was a sticker. He said they use the highest quality 3m. I said im sorry but I'm not interested at that price.

I thought I'd mess the kit up honestly but for $130 it was worth a try. This kit took me 3hrs and looks great. I still have a whole second set.

I dropped the Tesla hood symbol on the floor though so lost one of those to dirt. Meh..

Man, $1200, that's like 8 Nikola Pro kits right there, 16 kits total.