Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone have this issue?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today, my UMC (NEMA 1450) started not opening the charge port door with the handy button on the charger. In the early days of our X back in May, many people didn't have that button operate their charge port door but recent software upgrades had made that a non issue.

I can still open the charge port door with the fob or by pressing the port door by hand but not from the charger button.
A reset and unplugging the 1450 and trying again did no good.

Thanks in advance.
PJ

Today, my UMC (NEMA 1450) started not opening the charge port door with the handy button on the charger. In the early days of our X back in May, many people didn't have that button operate their charge port door but recent software upgrades had made that a non issue.

I can still open the charge port door with the fob or by pressing the port door by hand but not from the charger button.
A reset and unplugging the 1450 and trying again did no good.

Thanks in advance.
PJ
I just tested mine with the 14-50 adaptor and the button still opens the port. If you haven't done so since the recent software update, you might try a thumbwheel reboot.

Did the last software update take away this feature?
No because it worked for a couple days after the update.
I'm happy to report though the problem self corrected itself later today!
I couldn't get it to work for about 2 hours but just saw that it is back to life again.
Go figure! Scratching it off my due bill for my next sc visit.

Are you pointing the plug at the port or the pillar above to the left, which is where I think the sensor is. Mine is spotty detecting the plug right by the port, but next to the pillar usually works. Also, the car's unlocked, right when you try it?

Sorry if I'm stating the obvious :oops:

No because it worked for a couple days after the update.
I'm happy to report though the problem self corrected itself later today!
I couldn't get it to work for about 2 hours but just saw that it is back to life again.
Go figure! Scratching it off my due bill for my next sc visit.

Are you pointing the plug at the port or the pillar above to the left, which is where I think the sensor is. Mine is spotty detecting the plug right by the port, but next to the pillar usually works. Also, the car's unlocked, right when you try it?

Sorry if I'm stating the obvious :oops:

I got it to work this morning by randomly moving the plug around near the port until it finally popped open. It's way easier/more reliable for me to just press the port cover itself - that works every time.

I got it to work this morning by randomly moving the plug around near the port until it finally popped open. It's way easier/more reliable for me to just press the port cover itself - that works every time.

I think the sensor is near the trunk window, at least in the Model S. If you try holding the connector up above the charge port, then press the button, that may work better for you.

Stupid question, where do you press on the port cover to open it? I've been relying on the UMC and SC plug buttons so far...

P.S. glad to see you finally got yours!!! Hope you are enjoying it as much as I am mine :cool: