Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone have this piece fall out?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
CB0CC576-ED96-4FF6-AE08-BE62C9C40497.jpeg
It’s from the charge port door. Seems pretty insignificant but then again just have a purpose. Anyone?

Reactions: Tforme
I've seen this a few times before, on forums and on youtube. As far as I remember it has something to do with the charge port door responding to the charge cable? The youtouber daxm(?) did a series of videos on it. I think he glued it back on once, it fell off and then mobile service put it back on. Don't hold me to any of this though, I've only had my car a few days and my piece is still on (at least I think … maybe I should go out and check ;))

Without that part in place, you are unable to press on the charging door to get it to open. You either need to press the button on the Tesla charging handle or use the main touchscreen if you’re using a traditional J1772 station. You might also get an error on the dash about charging issues. I did after about 2 months, but they all went away after the next powerdown.

Glue it back in place yourself or wait for a couple other things and either take it in for service or have a mobile tech come out to glue it for you. The Tesla tech used Superglue on mine, but many adhesives will work just fine.

Without that part in place, you are unable to press on the charging door to get it to open. You either need to press the button on the Tesla charging handle or use the main touchscreen if you’re using a traditional J1772 station. You might also get an error on the dash about charging issues. I did after about 2 months, but they all went away after the next powerdown.

Glue it back in place yourself or wait for a couple other things and either take it in for service or have a mobile tech come out to glue it for you. The Tesla tech used Superglue on mine, but many adhesives will work just fine.

Ahh, that explains why I have never been able to open the door by pressing it. Must have fallen off before I received the car. Gotten used to not needing it.