TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Anyone have to postpone delivery or cancel after receiving VIN and delivery date?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Bluhorizan, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Bluhorizan

Bluhorizan Member

Has anyone who received a delivery date for their car had to postpone or cancel taking delivery? I anticipated a delivery date of May-June and just received an email notifying that our car will be ready this month or first week of April! Unfortunately I'm just in the process of buying and moving into a new home which has no garage or electric service set-up currently.. First choice would be to take delivery when I have a garage and a electric hook-up that is set to go.

2. jhs_7645

jhs_7645 VIN: #3305

#2 jhs_7645, Mar 21, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
    From what I understand you should be able to delay delivery for up to 30 days. Have you contacted Tesla?

3. jomo25

jomo25 P4398

Sorry, can't help on your question. Just a lil frustrating that there are those of us who desperately want their car but can't get them to build it quickly enough. #BuildSequenceNotOptimizedForCustomers :)

4. andrewket

andrewket 2014 S P85DL, 2016 X P90DL (soon 100)

This.

5. montgom626

montgom626 Active Member

Plug it into 110 volt. Have fun.

6. caddieo

caddieo Member

I was on the verge of finalizing my design and paperwork when informed that the resulting build order would result in a May delivery. Due to US and international trael commitments, I asked what could be done to delay delivery until July. I was informed that the only way to delay delivery would be do delay the final design sign-up and build order to Mid-May or so.

7. CaptDaveHowe

CaptDaveHowe Member

Yes. My Model S was ready for delivery in February. However, due to damages to my house from Hurricane Sandy, I would not have had a place to put the car, as well as no electricity to charge it. My home had to be completely gutted and rebuilt, so construction continues. Tesla was quite understanding about the whole thing and kept the shipping date of the car (without bumping my spot) and kept the car in NJ until I was ready. I am now scheduled to pick the car up in Chelsea NYC this weekend.