Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone have to postpone delivery or cancel after receiving VIN and delivery date?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone who received a delivery date for their car had to postpone or cancel taking delivery? I anticipated a delivery date of May-June and just received an email notifying that our car will be ready this month or first week of April! Unfortunately I'm just in the process of buying and moving into a new home which has no garage or electric service set-up currently.. First choice would be to take delivery when I have a garage and a electric hook-up that is set to go.

I was on the verge of finalizing my design and paperwork when informed that the resulting build order would result in a May delivery. Due to US and international trael commitments, I asked what could be done to delay delivery until July. I was informed that the only way to delay delivery would be do delay the final design sign-up and build order to Mid-May or so.

Yes. My Model S was ready for delivery in February. However, due to damages to my house from Hurricane Sandy, I would not have had a place to put the car, as well as no electricity to charge it. My home had to be completely gutted and rebuilt, so construction continues. Tesla was quite understanding about the whole thing and kept the shipping date of the car (without bumping my spot) and kept the car in NJ until I was ready. I am now scheduled to pick the car up in Chelsea NYC this weekend.