Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone have trouble charging a Model 3 with a Power Sharing HPWC setup?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see that the contact info was redacted.
This is straight from the manual and should get you to the same support department.

Questions?
• United States and Canada:
[email protected]
• +1-650-681-6133

B0D4DC56-1268-4616-94E1-D925C7AA8E89.jpeg

Reactions: MXWing
Not posting other people's info without permission is basic netiquette. It is also bad to repost private messages publicly. In short, people should get to control their own public face.

No need to keep laying it on. @Daniellane is a fantastically generous individual and had all the best of intentions.

Decent people when looking for help have a tacit understanding of respect and boundaries.

I just emailed this apology to <redacted>
Lesson learned.
Hoping this puts all this to rest.

Subject: Apologies

Hello <redacted>,
Want to thank you again for all the pre-installation advice you have provided to me. Our load sharing setup for our Model S & our Model 3 works flawlessly.
I posted a YouTube video demonstrating how magically it worked.
I participate in discussions on the TMC (Tesla Motor Club) Forum.
In April, I started a thread there titled:
“Model 3 & Model S Load Sharing 2 HPWCs Video Demo! WooHoo!”
I posted a link to the video there as well.
I recently was asked by another user for help with issues they were having with their set up.
I replied with a post that you have been very responsive and helpful. I included your contact info from email you sent me which has since been redacted.
I didn’t think this was a bad thing since it was work contact info.
In any case I have since been admonished for doing so and learned that that posting the contact info without permission was frowned upon.
I wish to personally apologize to you for doing so.
If you curious here is the thread where your name and contact info as mentioned, but has since been redacted.
Anyone have trouble charging a Model 3 with a Power Sharing HPWC setup?

Thanks again for your help and understanding.

Reactions: ohmman
Update: Tesla still has my Model 3 but I have an S loaner I just plugged in.

Same issue as my Model 3!! It says it is partially plugged in and charges at 16 amps. I bet it will charge at 48 if I back the car in and use the slave / j1772 connector.

So my HPWC setup seems to hate newer Tesla’s???

Reactions: P85_DA

Same issue as my Model 3!! It says it is partially plugged in and charges at 16 amps. I bet it will charge at 48 if I back the car in and use the slave / j1772 connector.

Have you carefully inspected the inside of the pins on the cord end of your HPWC to make sure there is no plastic bits or detritus stuck in there?

That could explain the issue.

My charge port has a little resistance for the last couple of millimeters of travel. It requires a fairly decent push at the end or else you get the orange ring of death. I'm hoping it gets worn down over time. Perhaps you are experiencing the same issue?