TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

anyone have warped rotors or brake vibration...on aftermarket wheels

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by yearofthedragon, Sep 19, 2013.

1. yearofthedragon

for those with aftermarket wheels, has anyone had to go back to Tesla to replace warped rotors? :crying:

2. TylerCA

TylerCA Member

Aftermarket wheels should not warp the rotors. Take it to see what they say.

3. fluxemag

fluxemag Member

No problems for me...

4. KineticFlow

KineticFlow New Member

5. 7racer

7racer Member

r u sure your wheels are not just out of balance? With the regen I can't see heating the rotors up that much to cause it to warp

6. simplesolar

simplesolar Member

7. mnx

mnx 2013 P85

My brakes pulse when I use them. In my case it was probably pad deposits from the parking brake after a lapping session.

For those suggesting it's a lack of hubcentric ring or the wheels themselves, they would vibrate all the time vs. vibrating when the brakes are used...

8. mmalacho

mmalacho New Member

VIBRATION WHILE BRAKING (IFORGED 21" wheels)

Guys,

I had 1000 babied miles on my Model S without any hard braking when I installed my 21" iforged wheels. They were machine for my make and model in mind. I am having the same trouble with vibration while braking starting the day my wheels were installed. I was told they were correctly balanced before install and do not vibrate while driving. Anyone else have any input??? Do I need these "hub-centric rings" ? If so does anyone know what size?

Thanks in advance guys!