Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

anyone have warped rotors or brake vibration...on aftermarket wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
for those with aftermarket wheels, has anyone had to go back to Tesla to replace warped rotors? :crying:

My brakes pulse when I use them. In my case it was probably pad deposits from the parking brake after a lapping session.

For those suggesting it's a lack of hubcentric ring or the wheels themselves, they would vibrate all the time vs. vibrating when the brakes are used...

VIBRATION WHILE BRAKING (IFORGED 21" wheels)

My brakes pulse when I use them. In my case it was probably pad deposits from the parking brake after a lapping session.

For those suggesting it's a lack of hubcentric ring or the wheels themselves, they would vibrate all the time vs. vibrating when the brakes are used...

Guys,

I had 1000 babied miles on my Model S without any hard braking when I installed my 21" iforged wheels. They were machine for my make and model in mind. I am having the same trouble with vibration while braking starting the day my wheels were installed. I was told they were correctly balanced before install and do not vibrate while driving. Anyone else have any input??? Do I need these "hub-centric rings" ? If so does anyone know what size?

Thanks in advance guys!

I’ve had warped rotors replaced 4 times in the last 18 months. Tesla just did safety inspection and they believe the powered coated wheels are the culprit. They apparently coated the inside of the wheel which is causing the back pad not to align properly. Also there is funk in the mug but threads which they said could cause it to no properly torque. They suggested putting factory tires on and replacing the rotors again to see if that is the solution.

I will agree rotors rarely if ever warp, usually pad deposits.
That said the pads can bind in the caliper causing uneven application which can screw up rotors.
In the WI climate I was told to remove and lube the pads where they contact the caliper on an annual basis. Of course I wasn't told this till a set of rotors was toast..........

As with so many things here people greatly overstate simplicity and longevity. Everyone with 30k on their car will tell you the brakes last 150k but too few will mention any annual maintenance on them. My car was well cared for, including 4 year service 10months before the brakes went to crap at half the 150k people claim they last.