Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone have White Interior with tint?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm a lil hesitant since I got Peal White with white interior and I love the striking look and would hate to give that up but then again I feel like I'm in a fishbowl in traffic. With tint I think it'd make the car more sporty as well.

The local place I'm going to get mine cost $220 (without windshield) and they use Suntech. It's illegal in Michigan to tint the front windshield so I'm also kinda worried it might look awkward if the rest of the car is tinted while the front is clear.

If anyone has pictures of tint with white interior that would be helpful as well as if you got tint without the windshield, I'd also like to see how it looks.

Thanks!

All windows except sunroof are tinted. Windshield is llumar Air 80

Attachments

• 5485F569-47A6-42B0-945C-D6CE7CC3050F.jpeg
    5485F569-47A6-42B0-945C-D6CE7CC3050F.jpeg
    245.7 KB · Views: 4,584
  • E8BBE9C8-618A-493F-84CD-C34CF23C479F.jpeg
    E8BBE9C8-618A-493F-84CD-C34CF23C479F.jpeg
    194.8 KB · Views: 3,603
  • Informative
Reactions: akidesir
I'm a lil hesitant since I got Peal White with white interior and I love the striking look and would hate to give that up but then again I feel like I'm in a fishbowl in traffic. With tint I think it'd make the car more sporty as well.

The local place I'm going to get mine cost $220 (without windshield) and they use Suntech. It's illegal in Michigan to tint the front windshield so I'm also kinda worried it might look awkward if the rest of the car is tinted while the front is clear.

If anyone has pictures of tint with white interior that would be helpful as well as if you got tint without the windshield, I'd also like to see how it looks.

Thanks!

30% Suntek Ceramic on sides and 20% on rear. No windshield tint. Photos when it was cloudy. Car had just gotten Kamikaze ceramic applied by me before taken.

IMG_2042.jpg
IMG_2043.jpg
IMG_2044.jpg

Yep, mine is pearl white with white interior and tint on side windows only...

DSC09681.jpg

DSC09732.jpg

DSC09748.jpg

Thing is, photographs of windows with and without tinting is very misleading. Here's my car on left (with light tint on side windows) next to my friend's (without tint and black interior) on right:

DSC08046.jpg

Yes, that's right, the car on the right has no tinting but looks quite dark because of how the light is catching it.

Here's a shot of my car before the tinting was done on the windows:

IMG_7902.jpg

More pictures and details here.

Yep, mine is pearl white with white interior and tint on side windows only...

DSC09681.jpg

DSC09732.jpg

DSC09748.jpg

Thing is, photographs of windows with and without tinting is very misleading. Here's my car on left (with light tint on side windows) next to my friend's (without tint and black interior) on right:

DSC08046.jpg

Yes, that's right, the car on the right has no tinting but looks quite dark because of how the light is catching it.

Here's a shot of my car before the tinting was done on the windows:

IMG_7902.jpg

More pictures and details here.

Thanks for the pics! This is exactly why I wanted to see tinting on white on white so I can see exactly how it looks.

What brand and tint % did you get?

Thanks for the pics! Do you have pics of your 3 when it's sunny? I wonder what that would look like. Is there a reason you went 30% front and 20% rear? I never understood why people did that, why not 30% all around?

It has to be sunny to take the sunny pics.

The tint shop did not have the huge roll in 30% and I didn’t want to go 20 all the way around.

If you have white interior I suggest getting 20% all around if you dare. During sunny days you can still see inside pretty easily. I got all four door windows tint. I did not do the back nor windshield. I like the look.

Thanks for the pics! This is exactly why I wanted to see tinting on white on white so I can see exactly how it looks.

What brand and tint % did you get?
It was 30% Huper Optik. I see some folk say 30% looks like almost no tint, but I don't agree with that. It definitely looks tinted even with white seats. I was concerned about going too much and discussed 30-40% with the installers. I'm glad I didn't go any further than 30% as it's already a bit too dark for seeing well in the side-view mirrors (which auto-dim at night).

Tango: very nice. I am planning to get Huper ceramic as well - 40 all the way around and 70 in the front. How do you like it overall and what color hue is the tint? How is the heat rejection and do you think it is worth the premium? Thanks.
i like it. 40% will be pretty light with white seats in the sun. id say whatever shade you're envisioning, it will look 10% lighter. heat rejection is definitely noticeable. before it got gloomy, it would be like 105 in my car while parked all day, and after it was like 10% cooler. black hue from what i can see.

Tint looks great from the outside, but I have been in some where the front side windows have been tinted so dark that it is dangerous. You can not see out well at night.

Some cops will ticket you if they feel they cannot see well enough inside your car that it becomes a safety issue for them when approaching.

Some owners will lower their windows when stopped by police, to both allow the officer to approach without anxiety, and also to avoid getting a ticket for too dark a tint.

15% here, nothing in the front. 30% with white seats looks like almost nothing.
PccUwmm.jpg

1vt9SoD.jpg

If you compare photos of my car before and after it was tinted to 30% I can assure you it's a much bigger difference than "almost nothing".

There are a lot of things to consider when choosing a window tint level, such as legality (and likelihood of enforcement, extra attention for clearly being non compliant, etc.), aesthetics (which is a pretty subjective thing), heat rejection, impact to driver visibility (older people, even middle aged people have a harder time seeing at night), etc.

P.S. What the heck is up with your brake calipers? The front are red the rear are not.