Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone have White Interior with tint?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think I have the lightest tint of anyone, 60% It solved my heat and glare problem in So Cal.View attachment 414380

Hey, BYE FSL,
Your M3 looks awesome! I am planning on getting 55% on all windows except the windshield which I will either leave untinted or go with 70%.
How do you like the 60% tint? Would you change anything or do you like the lighter tint?
Many thanks,
joebruin77

Hey, SD Engnr,
My PM3 is a twin of yours. Same exterior and interior colors. I am scheduled to get all windows tinted very soon and, just like you, I am inclined to go with a super light tint. I like how the near white of the wheels matches the white interior and I like how light and bright the interior is. I don't want to darken anything. I mainly want the tint for the heat and UV protection properties.

I am planning on getting 55% Xpel Prime XR Plus on all windows except the windshield, which I will either leave untinted or get 70%.

Are you happy with your lighter tint choice? Is there any window that you now wish you had done differently?

Many thanks,
joebruin77

Form wise, I love the appearance. Functionally, I think slightly darker would be nice, too.

• Helpful
Reactions: joebruin77

Attachments

• IMG_4597.jpeg
    IMG_4597.jpeg
    452.4 KB · Views: 559
I am happy with it. I just wanted to cut the glare and the heat, and not have my vision impaired at night. I never think about it.

Same reasoning here. There is solar benefit to going darker, but less than you would probably think. I think the decision is more often cosmetic. I stayed light on front door glass for the night driving benefit, and also because of the road trip to California that I took after the install. I didn't want to invite a traffic stop there.