Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone having bluetooth unlock problems since the new update?

frank69

Aug 17, 2018
Los Angeles
So, I walk up to my car, and it's worked pretty much 95% of the time and I can get in.

However, since the update, I walk up and it still locked. I need to open up the app and unlock it. It seem to happen 50% of the time now. Especially, when the car has been sitting for a while.

Anyone else have these issues?

Wennfred

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Apr 4, 2019
San Diego
Yes! Need to check my Always running in the background setting for the Tesla app. Now I have to walk up to the car and manually unlock it.

I used to have this setting as Always, some how it changed. I changed it back to Always. Will check in the morning when I go home.

4ED6C124-7E73-41C6-B6B5-54C4E4FB9FE3.jpeg

Fred

frank69

Aug 17, 2018
Los Angeles
So my car finished charging after 5 hours. Haven’t been near it. Walk up and it won’t open still. Any other ideas. Tired of manually opening it. My settings...

Attachments

• 4F50D5C4-DB09-4DC4-A772-EF257D8322A8.jpeg
    4F50D5C4-DB09-4DC4-A772-EF257D8322A8.jpeg
    116.5 KB · Views: 12

Msjulie

Jun 26, 2016
Monterey Peninsula
Every new Apple OS is tightening up privacy and security settings so as shown above, reconfirm app permissions.. I've not had a non-open in a surprisingly long time fwiw

mswlogo

Aug 27, 2018
MA, NH
IOS 13, IPhone XS Max, try setting that to “Always” and see if that works.

Fred

iOS 13 is pretty aggressive in pushing apps to use less resources. You have to stay on top of BOTH background processing AND location always. You need both settings on the Tesla App !!

Wennfred

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Apr 4, 2019
San Diego
I did post my settings above. I checked privacy and it says for Bluetooth that Tesla app is allowed. Any other ideas ?
It says that for all apps about Bluetooth, that’s part of IOS-13. I turned on “Always” and it still didn’t work, unlocked the phone and it still wouldn’t open it. I had to open the App and manually unlock the car.

Fred

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC