Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone having bluetooth unlock problems since the new update?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I walk up to my car, and it's worked pretty much 95% of the time and I can get in.

However, since the update, I walk up and it still locked. I need to open up the app and unlock it. It seem to happen 50% of the time now. Especially, when the car has been sitting for a while.

Anyone else have these issues?

Yes! Need to check my Always running in the background setting for the Tesla app. Now I have to walk up to the car and manually unlock it.

I used to have this setting as Always, some how it changed. I changed it back to Always. Will check in the morning when I go home.

4ED6C124-7E73-41C6-B6B5-54C4E4FB9FE3.jpeg

Fred

So my car finished charging after 5 hours. Haven’t been near it. Walk up and it won’t open still. Any other ideas. Tired of manually opening it. My settings...

Attachments

• 4F50D5C4-DB09-4DC4-A772-EF257D8322A8.jpeg
    4F50D5C4-DB09-4DC4-A772-EF257D8322A8.jpeg
    116.5 KB · Views: 37
I did post my settings above. I checked privacy and it says for Bluetooth that Tesla app is allowed. Any other ideas ?
It says that for all apps about Bluetooth, that’s part of IOS-13. I turned on “Always” and it still didn’t work, unlocked the phone and it still wouldn’t open it. I had to open the App and manually unlock the car.

Fred