Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone heard of Jedlix? Anybody signed up?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I came across Jedlix the other day. I haven't seen them mentioned here and wondered if anyone here had signed up with them. It seems like an interesting idea and one I might be interested in, in the new year when free charging stops in Aberdeenshire.
» How Jedlix works – English
Not heard of them but sounds similar to ev.energy.

Haven't watched the video but looking at the FAQ's they're not partnered with UK energy providers. Not sure for example if it would work with variable rates.

• Helpful
Reactions: CMc1
I have signed up and it does what I was doing manually before; gets the car charging when the grid has spare capacity - I used to set my car to charge at 1am to help grid balance. I am on a fixed tariff so no incentive for me to do it but I got an electric car for a reason, right?

The advantage is that for me who uses the 3 pin plug charger that came with the car is that I no longer need to schedule the charging and I get 1p back per kWh charged at home. Nice!

Reactions: Gatsojon
There is already a huge thread on them in the Dutch forum of TMC. They are really big and popular over here and I guess also serve the UK now. Works really nice with my Tesla. I also use it to report my home charging costs to my employer.

Reactions: exlatccatsa
So the first thought that comes to mind is can I combine with Octopus Go to get charged at 4p per kWh?

it can never be cheap enough can it!
Wow, that is impressive! Power prices in the Netherlands have much more taxes so not getting close to that amount, but still have a nice discount with Jedlix. Seems like you have grid earnings from Jedlix as well on top of your energy bill savings..

Following this post I've signed up and removed the ev.energy app. Made 18p so far!!!
Anyone figured out how to get it to only charge between a certain time, if on Octopus Go for example?
I'm on 3-pin plug, so I'm trying to do just a little each day, but it keeps on charging after 4:30am. I've set departure time as 4:30am and start charging as 00:30am, I have left smart charging ticked, to get the pennies! Also there doesn't seen to be an option to stop charging, so you have to go to the Tesla app to stop it.

I got this reply today
Hi Chris,

Sorry for our late reply. Thank you for your question regarding the use of Jedlix in combination with Ohme. We did some investigation with our product development team to give a recommendation:

To our understanding, Ohme also takes into account rates like Octopus Agile or Economy7 type rates to lower your energy bill. This is indeed something Jedlix does as well and on top of that, we also support grid balancing. The extra cashback we give to you is for grid balancing revenues and come on top of your energy rate savings.

In practice, Jedlix and Ohme might optimize mostly for the same incentives, but some of the app preferences work differently. Due to these differences, it might occur that the charging outcome is not going according to expectation. As a result, we would not recommend double control together with Ohme. I think by using Jedlix you don’t miss the benefits you normally would expect with Ohme and top of that you also have the cashback from our grid balancing benefits.

At Jedlix we do have quite some experience with the charging station applying “local load management”. In this case, the charging station lowers the charging rate a bit to protect the main fuse of the household. This is typically a case where double control is less of an issue for us since the optimization is on a different use case that works in parallel. To our understanding, local load management is less typical in the UK, but some
I hope this explanation is clear to you. We are happy to briefly set up a call to verify if our understanding is correct or whether we overlook something.

Kind Regards,
Ruben - Team Jedlix

Reactions: OttoR