Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone hearing "SEGA" when the car boots up?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

For months now, when I reboot the car (two buttons + pedal pressed) or after a software update, I hear the "SEGA" sound playing (the same as the one when I start the sonic game).

Does that happen to other folks as well or just me?

So how do you play games with controllers? The glovebox?
Center console USB ports on pre-11/2021s.

Glovebox USB port for post-11/2021. There are 3rd parties that make hubs which allow you to have controllers and a sentry mode USB attached. I'm guessing since it's not an "official" thing, Tesla just doesn't put certain games on those cars to avoid complaints

Reactions: bobbyjae
Yes. I thought it was funny too. Had a feeling it was because I had played sonic last. But I’ll double check if it still does it. Last play was Cupheads so I’ll circle back. Actually I also tried xbox gamepass with halo infinite but it was pushing that little Intel Atom hard haha

For controller got a USB dongle from USB-C to USB-A, then plugged in a XBox One controller. Only worked on wire, not on bluetooth. My Nvidia Shield controller did not work.

Attachments

• 32C5A283-914F-4BB9-B8F1-51285337FC72.jpeg
    32C5A283-914F-4BB9-B8F1-51285337FC72.jpeg
    192.3 KB · Views: 293
Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: JBT66
This actually isn't the first time I've seen this very question. But I don't remember where I saw the prior discussions and can't find any links to them. IIRC there was a guess that it might happen because the owner had played Sonic recently (prior to the reboot), and the system remembered that and loaded up Sonic during the reboot. In any case - probably a software bug.

I think only on the pre-11/2021s... somewhere around when they took away the center console USB-C data functionality, cars without it didnt get Sonic and I think(?) some other game(s)
I added data & power capable center usb-c ports to my model y which was made after 11/2021 via t-Part’s data module products. I have hooked up two game controllers and listen to flac audio from usb stick.