Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone here ever considered to trade MS for MY or M3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tried them all 3 yesterday and MS feels and looks much much better then other 2

I get it, new MS cost more and has more premium interior,but even MS from 2016-2017 with inferior tech looks better deal to me.

More enjoyable ride,interior/exterior look....

After this i am somewhat confused.
I know quite few people trading their MS for new MY or M3.
And those who already traded their MS said they are much happier with MY or even M3.

MS is more spacious then M3 and i don`t see much difference with MY inside. MY is taller, yes.
But with premium interior in MS there is no question to me which car is more fun and offer better ride.

Also with tech, as long as MS offer me premium sound and autopilot i dont see big deal about it.

I don`t own any of these cars (thinking about getting one soon) .

Am i missing something?

I bought a 2017 S a couple months ago after considering a new Y (less interior room took the 3 out of the decision set for me.) Sacrificed new tech, fewer miles, and longer battery range in the Y for the S’s smoother ride, premium interior, and instrument panel. For me, I couldn’t get past the rough ride of the Y, and the center screen.

But it was close, and very much came down to personal preference, as the previous comments said.

Not giving up my 2017 S90D. Nothing is better than free electrons. I paid a premium for it, not giving back to Tesla. And will sue them if they take it back illegally.

And yes, the new face S looks the best of all the Tesla cars.

Reactions: vegas888
We had a choice between a 2017 Model S and a 2019 Model 3 for a road trip. The latter would take half the charging time of the former. We took the S due to cargo capacity. The leisurely pace works for us since we have kids who appreciate the breaks. I appreciate them, too.

We see so many M3 and MY around where we live. I've driven a few model 3's but not the Y. My wife had originally wanted a new M3 but after driving her current Model S she changed her mind and loves her decision. S is by far the best looking Tesla available and plus we were able to score with the executive seats in hers plus we just did the MCU2 update and its well worth it. Its all about preference and we both prefer the S over the 3 and Y. Im looking to get a new tesla next year and won't even consider a 3 or Y after owning 2 model S and driving the new one. I like big sedans so the S is perfect for us.

I went from a Model S to a Model 3 a couple of years ago.

Driving around town, I prefer the 3. Better handling, smaller and so more efficient and easier to park. It costs less. If it suits your needs, it is definitely more "practical".

But when we go on longer drives (especially road trips), or need to carry more stuff, I miss the S. It's got:
  • Twice the cargo space (frunk and rear)
  • An auto hatch to make rear access far easier
  • More range
  • quicker
  • Better ride
  • Adjustable suspension
  • Slightly better controls for autopilot
  • Biohazard mode (great during wildfires)
  • A second screen, so you can display more info at once
Fortunately for me, my wife has an X (she had an S for many years, but needed a taller car for her father. The X also has more seats and towing, though we didn't need those), so when I need/miss any of the stuff my 3 doesn't have, we can take her car. Given that I can do that, having the 3 is a no-brainer for me. If she didn't have an S or X...I would likely still have an S.

The extra room and comfort of the S matter more to my wife than me, and the handling of the 3 matters less to her. She will not consider switching to a 3 or Y, even though she in the past has preferred smaller vehicles. (Then again, she wants her next vehicle to be a Cybertruck, so maybe she's over the small-vehicle thing).