Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone here get a refund for Acceleration Boost?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Miatas are an absolute blast. Drove them (5) as a daily drivers for 20 years. Smiled every time. Still have one in the driveway I want to fix up for my soon to be 16yo.

Agreed. The point of bringing up a car like the Miata was to illustrate that there is more to the driving experience than instant torque. EV instant torque has changed the game as it relates to 0-60 time, which is basically irrelevant now. The new EV Hummer will go 0-60 in the 3 sec range as will the Rivian pickup and anything else with a couple motors and a big battery. When we tout single pedal driving, instant torque, super quiet, no transmission, etc. to a “driving enthusiast” they say great, a souped up golf cart.

I am interested in how auto companies will add more character and soul to their EVs moving forward. It won’t be via 0-60mph times. It could be by adding a sporty interior/cockpit with instrumentation, much lighter weight to improve handling. It could be by offering a convertible. Maybe drive modes that relax the nannies, maybe control over the torque split for AWD models. Maybe Track Mode includes a HUD and overlay of the tracks on the display with Track lap counters, etc. AWD is great but RWD are lighter and more fun to me so how about a performance RWD Model.

I am not sure but I will know it when I see and drive it.

I continue to enjoy (though not daily) the delightful acceleration of my Performance car - and will sadly admit that if there was an upgrade that made it quicker still, I would be tempted (and likely fail to resist) to get that upgrade. It's just one of those things.

I'd be all over a performance upgrade for my 3P. No question.

Yup, me too.

I've always bought cars that are one step from the very top of the line. And my wife has always listened to me, "Well, it's only one step down from the top... that's good enough."

Our Tesla test drive was in a LR AWD. Afterwards, I said to the wife, "well, it's only one step down from the top of the line, I'm fine with it." To which she replied, "Nope, not this time. I've listened to you say that for over 20 years." She then turned to the sales person, "What do you have in the Model 3 Performance?" And that's when Bluebird was born.

If my wife ever found out that we no longer had the quickest Model 3 available, she'd be the one to buy it. And I'd be the one smiling.

This is a really something they should have a trial for.

Like maybe a 7-day free trial.

They'd probably get more actual sales from people who enjoy it.

I have a P3D so it's not applicable to me, but if they had acceleration boost for the P3D I might consider it. Sometimes it feels like I'm at war with stop lights. But, a lot of the time I'm power limited by the battery temp. Uggh.

So yesterday, I was driving back from a supercar event in my Lambo, it was a beautiful car day, all my cars are clean and shiny and running well, so all of that caused me to say f-it, I am going to buy the non-refundable boost for my LR AWD!

I’ve been telling myself over and over I don’t need it since it was announced, so why waste $2k that most likely won’t get me a penny more on resale.

But I did it, not expecting to have any way to get that money back, so I was ok at the time with $2165 going away forever.

The update was instant, and I went for a drive with 90% charge right away, and yes it was faster, but I immediately had buyer’s remorse. I drove it around with family later in the day and evening and even the stock 4.4s performance just isn’t anything you would fully use with family in those occasions (after, of course, the first drives to show them what it can do).

Took it out this morning after sleeping on it, and yes it pulls like a train. But it pulled like a train already without the upgrade.

I just don’t feel any significant difference in regular driving and I don’t race people on the street. Even if I did look for races, I would beat many of them without the boost.

Now, I see there’s a refund button with a 48hr window when you tab over to the “purchased options” screen. Seriously thinking of pressing that refund button!

Says you can only use the refund once, which is very reasonable terms, so if sometime in the future, I want it again, I can shell out the cash and still get it.

Has anyone else gotten a refund?

Anyone buy it before you could get a refund and would get a refund, if you could, after having it a while?
Unfortunately when you get a power upgrade on a ICE vehicle, you also get better/louder exhaust sound signature that makes it worth it. With a near silent EV, other than a drag race, it is not worth it 🤷🏽‍♂️