Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone here got Model 3 in Canada already, does your car have the license plate already when deliver

Tomayr

May 20, 2018
Ayr, On
It is absolutely a prerequisite that the car be delivered plated. So yes, they are delivered either with your new plates (If requested) or attached to the plates you are bringing if you have green plates already.

RedM3

May 7, 2018
Ontario
Probably asking if the plates are on the car already when you get there.

I think not.. I think they will ask you if you want the plates to be attached to the front.

I will be bringing my own mount (Bozzmount) that I bought.

Reactions: Tony_YYZ

ZooSean

ZOO
Feb 16, 2018
Markham, Canada
In some US case, the plates will be arrived via post within three days. I thought that Tesla again doing something different in Canada. If it is law requires, then okay.

Thanks

rdturner0

Apr 29, 2018
Ottawa, Canada
In the US, some states have temporary plates for a while before the real ones come in. I've seen a lot of 'paper' plates in the US.

There are temporary vehicle permits available in Ontario too (paper, stuck to front windshield on inside), usually for moving a vehicle not intended to be plated, or while waiting for a custom plate (I think).

akidesir

Apr 25, 2018
Toronto, Ontario
from folks who have had their cars delivered, tesla gives you the option if you want the front mounted or not. If not, they make you sign a waiver saying that "tesla" isn't responsible.

Munch

Mar 19, 2016
Toronto, ON
If you want a specific number on your green plate, you should tell your DA/ISA beforehand. Your plate number is assigned by the time you get there for pickup.

rdturner0

Apr 29, 2018
Ottawa, Canada
I was told that green plate will cost 200.

This is registration cost.

I shared the MTO website which confirms that their is no extra cost for green plate so I am assuming that 200 is for all

Yeah, they said $200 to me also. Based on https://www.ontario.ca/page/register-vehicle-permit-licence-plate-and-sticker I would expect it to be $179 + taxes so $202.27.

Close enough to $200...unless they mean $200 before taxes, which they might -- charging a small service fee for registering the vehicle -- or maybe they are rounding up.

Someone who has got their final invoice should be able to share the info easily enough...

McFlurri

Apr 27, 2016
Kitchener, Ontario
my final invoice says $200 even.

I got the green plates and slightly over a years registration.

There is a $96.33 "PPSA Fee". They delivery guy couldn't tell me what it was and I sure as hell have no idea.....

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC