Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone here got Model 3 in Canada already, does your car have the license plate already when deliver

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is absolutely a prerequisite that the car be delivered plated. So yes, they are delivered either with your new plates (If requested) or attached to the plates you are bringing if you have green plates already.

Probably asking if the plates are on the car already when you get there.

I think not.. I think they will ask you if you want the plates to be attached to the front.

I will be bringing my own mount (Bozzmount) that I bought.

Reactions: Tony_YYZ
In the US, some states have temporary plates for a while before the real ones come in. I've seen a lot of 'paper' plates in the US.

There are temporary vehicle permits available in Ontario too (paper, stuck to front windshield on inside), usually for moving a vehicle not intended to be plated, or while waiting for a custom plate (I think).

I was told that green plate will cost 200.

This is registration cost.

I shared the MTO website which confirms that their is no extra cost for green plate so I am assuming that 200 is for all

Yeah, they said $200 to me also. Based on https://www.ontario.ca/page/register-vehicle-permit-licence-plate-and-sticker I would expect it to be $179 + taxes so $202.27.

Close enough to $200...unless they mean $200 before taxes, which they might -- charging a small service fee for registering the vehicle -- or maybe they are rounding up.

Someone who has got their final invoice should be able to share the info easily enough...