Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone here Homebrew?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
very sad yield this year. turned out my drip irrigation system for the hops has a small leak in it. with the super dry weather only one of the five plants actually flowered...

11227870_10204899655231267_6965191133863637092_n.jpg

very sad yield this year. turned out my drip irrigation system for the hops has a small leak in it. with the super dry weather only one of the five plants actually flowered...

Sorry to hear that, hope you have better luck next year.

Here's a shot of some of my Cascades that were just harvested:

11951342_10207701738807347_8999544596264553453_n.jpg

I didn't water even once this year...we had rain at least every 3 days in MN.

Last edited:
I've got a chocolate/coffee/vanilla bean stout, and an orange peel coriander wheat in fermentation right now, and a Rye IPA, and two flavored wheats (strawberry and lemon) on tap. The two wheat beers taste better mixed, next time I think I'll just make a strawberry lemon wheat beer instead of two different ones!

I've also got organic apple cider on deck ready to start next week. Then I plan on doing another batch of the Rye, it was fantastic and might become my "house beer".

I've got a chocolate/coffee/vanilla bean stout, and an orange peel coriander wheat in fermentation right now, and a Rye IPA, and two flavored wheats (strawberry and lemon) on tap. The two wheat beers taste better mixed, next time I think I'll just make a strawberry lemon wheat beer instead of two different ones!

I've also got organic apple cider on deck ready to start next week. Then I plan on doing another batch of the Rye, it was fantastic and might become my "house beer".

Sounds good.

I've got Chocolate Sour Cherry Stout, Belgian Blonde (hopped exclusively with Huell Melon), and a Ginger Cider in the keggerator. I've also got a Brett Saison bottled, and aging. I have a sour fermenting in the basement that should be ready next March, and a Wet Hop Wheat in the fermentation chamber.

Nice thread.

I brew a bit myself. Very happy owner of the Grainfather brewer.

Here are a few shots of my last brew, an American style IPA with lots of aromatic hops (Summit, Cascade, Glacier) and a high ABC of 7,5%. It turned out delicious!

I made it late in the autumn so I dubbed it my "Indian summer IPA". :)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Reactions: JohnSnowNW
I do; and my system is all-electric!

The Electric Brewery

Just like cars, it's far superior to burning gas (propane).

Nice! My current plan is to go electric at the next house ~2.5 years down the road. Currently it's NG for me.

Nice thread.

I brew a bit myself. Very happy owner of the Grainfather brewer.

Here are a few shots of my last brew, an American style IPA with lots of aromatic hops (Summit, Cascade, Glacier) and a high ABC of 7,5%. It turned out delicious!

I made it late in the autumn so I dubbed it my "Indian summer IPA". :)

View attachment 175496

View attachment 175497

View attachment 175498

I've heard good things about the Grainfather....that looks to be a 3 gallon system, is that accurate? If you brew enough, consider getting a kegging set-up. Bottling is a PITA, especially compared to kegging. It's also nice to be able to dry hop, or dry addition, things in the keg. So much easier than secondary, not that people should be doing a secondary for dry hops.

Nice! My current plan is to go electric at the next house ~2.5 years down the road. Currently it's NG for me.

I've heard good things about the Grainfather....that looks to be a 3 gallon system, is that accurate? If you brew enough, consider getting a kegging set-up. Bottling is a PITA, especially compared to kegging. It's also nice to be able to dry hop, or dry addition, things in the keg. So much easier than secondary, not that people should be doing a secondary for dry hops.

The Grainfather holds up to 30 litres (almost 8 US gallons) and I think I could cram almost 7 kg (15 lb) of malt in for one brew. The construction is solid, the recirculation pump system is smart and works well, it holds temperature perfectly and the counter-flow chiller it comes with works well.

I ferment in just plastic kegs. I like bottling and carbonating "a l'artisan" in the bottles.

The Grainfather holds up to 30 litres (almost 8 US gallons) and I think I could cram almost 7 kg (15 lb) of malt in for one brew. The construction is solid, the recirculation pump system is smart and works well, it holds temperature perfectly and the counter-flow chiller it comes with works well.

I ferment in just plastic kegs. I like bottling and carbonating "a l'artisan" in the bottles.

Gotcha. Scale is difficult to determine in that picture. I ferment in Better Bottles, with spigots, makes racking dead easy.

Well, I'm glad you like bottling. I find it a bit tedious...and the wife did not particularly care for the amount of bottles I had lying around.